The Black Swimmer

• 1 year later...

Hi SV.

I found your SOTS1 AARs through Google-surfing. While watching some of your video captures of battles, I noticed that your small laser mounts shoot continuous beams rather than the normal little light blips/bolts. It was early in the game so I don't think they were new beamer tech.

Are you using some sort of mod to make the lasers into beams? If so, which mod is it? Is it "Laser Realism" mod?

Hello MLAI! I'm very sorry, I saw your post at work, had no time to answer and forgot about it at home. I finally noticed the post again.

My game was complete vanilla, no mods. Beamers can be acquired very early. I posted the research cuts in the eleventh post in this thread, green beamers were researched in 32nd turn.

As for mods... I always wanted to try some, like Okim's ACM mod, but when I finally did install one I figured I'd need to learn quite a lot from scratch and I just had no will. But I did start a new game on hard and I'm being beaten to dust. Mostly because all the AIs are allied into two alliances and there is an empire that hates my guts in each. The rest invited me into the alliances and I naturally tried to get in and avoid annihilation, but the other empires stopped the whole thing and continue to pick my colonies one by one.