Openxcom MODS

luke83

There was a discussion once with Warboy about this, i think he was planning it for his OXC-WAR version.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,737.0.html

Now personally i am against that option for anything other than Mutons ( as clearly they do have a Commander Rank as per the startup video) as i look on this as a CHEAT as i can then clearly see his rank. I would prefer to make it more like the red floaters are the normal crappy ones , the Green ones are the elite trained ones with improved Floatation device , etc and make them a different strength . Then you can have full Ranks in both groups , but if you come across the green ones you better watch out smile.png

I will repost this question in my "Colour replace aliens" folder, for all i know , it may already be possably within the rulesets, i spend 99% of my time modding OXC, i only play it once every few months- generally speaking , i don't play games much at all these days)

There was a discussion once with Warboy about this, i think he was planning it for his OXC-WAR version.

https://openxcom.org/...opic,737.0.html

Now personally i am against that option for anything other than Mutons ( as clearly they do have a Commander Rank as per the startup video) as i look on this as a CHEAT as i can then clearly see his rank. I would prefer to make it more like the red floaters are the normal crappy ones , the Green ones are the elite trained ones with improved Floatation device , etc and make them a different strength . Then you can have full Ranks in both groups , but if you come across the green ones you better watch out smile.png

I will repost this question in my "Colour replace aliens" folder, for all i know , it may already be possably within the rulesets, i spend 99% of my time modding OXC, i only play it once every few months- generally speaking , i don't play games much at all these days)

Actually I didn't think about it like that, very good point. That would eliminate the need for a Mind Probe, which I like using. I much prefer your idea of making the alternative colored aliens more of an indication of their difficulty. Land at a crash site with green floaters or alloy mutons and really toss up wether to abort or attempt to take them on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It may be worth mentioning that I created maps to allow two stage base / artefact missions using UFO:EU terrains within TFTD. Made an Egyptian pyramid and everything. Doubt anyone ever found it...

The image luke just posted is a modification of the unused UFOs that were hidden away in UFO:EU's resources. I made some image data so that they could be rendered properly-ish, but as I was only after the screenshots, I don't remember going all-out and making the tilesets actually playable. I doubt he'll have much trouble fixing that though. ;)

• 1 year later...