Openxcom MODS


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

SO i am thinking about a major Mod next year for Openxcom , i would like to make a  Fantasy version of OXC . I have a lot of ideas for the tactical side of things as i spent a large part of my Teenage years playing Mordheim and warhammer but the geoscape side is proving a challenge.

The easiest option is a simply scripted single player mode, mission after mission with a story connecting them together but this feels like a complete insult to the xcom game as the Geoscape and Base management were such a large part of it. If anyone has any interesting ideas, please add them into my modding section or send me a PM.

http://openxcom.org/...pic,1465.0.html

Attached Thumbnails

  • Spears_ready.png
  • Sectoid.png


#42 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

just toying with a custom control panel , please come share you views both good and bad on my vision :)

Attached Thumbnails

  • looky.png


#43 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

    I've got my eye on you!

  • Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Slovenia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

My memory feels drained... What are those three empty squares on both sides? Love the looks though! And that shield in the previous post. How is it supposed to work?

#44 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 27 August 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

My memory feels drained... What are those three empty squares on both sides? Love the looks though! And that shield in the previous post. How is it supposed to work?
RIght now i am just toying with the concept so it's still very,very, early days on this Fantasy version.

Empty squares would be quick access inventory slots, the idea is to have potions , scrolls, magic rings , etc , accessible from these instead of going into the inventory and manually placing into the HAND slot to activate it.

Idea for the shield is as follows : Increase armour to units Front face by default, also have it as a separate skill to get greater beniftis, for example, a person trained in the use of the shield would have a % chance to stop a melee attack in combat.

#45 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

    I've got my eye on you!

  • Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Slovenia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Love the idea.

#46 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Looking for some feedback for the idea of Status icons in Xcom, i cant be the only person who has ever wasted TU's telling a unit to Duck when he already was, wasting TU'sPosted Image

Ultimately , this will lead to displaying Spell effects for "FOXC" but i see it as usefull in standard xcom also,  Thoughts???


2 options i have here:
  • Display it above units head on screen, meaning they need to be smaller to stop wasitng screen space
  • Add TOP OF SCREEN - Control Panel to display units status graphically when unit is selected only  ( to me this is the neatest option)

http://openxcom.org/...9.html#msg14209

This is still just a concept so dont expect to see anything in game for some time, especially since i am not a programmerPosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

  • status bar on top.png
  • aaa.png

Attached Files



#47 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

my suggested status bar for oxc

Attached Thumbnails

  • OXC_statusbar.png


#48 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Luke, I was just curious as to wether any of these OXC mods would work on regular ufo defense. Say for instance the different colored aliens, and the inventory images?

I'm not trying to derail any discussion on oxc I, I was just curious if there was a way.

Cheers

#49 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Different colour aliens will work , you just need to replace the existing ones with the new graphic files (all colours are from standard UFO colour pallet) , to my knowledge there is no way to add extra aliens yet.

Alien Inventory images are setup in Bomblokes toolkit .

My expanded ufos wont work as they need extra MCD set info.
Also Expanded Terror sites wont work because of the change in street level and the extra MCD info.

#50 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postluke83, on 21 September 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Different colour aliens will work , you just need to replace the existing ones with the new graphic files (all colours are from standard UFO colour pallet) , to my knowledge there is no way to add extra aliens yet.

Alien Inventory images are setup in Bomblokes toolkit .

My expanded ufos wont work as they need extra MCD set info.
Also Expanded Terror sites wont work because of the change in street level and the extra MCD info.

I'm sure someone has asked this before, but do you think OXC will see new colored aliens on specific ranks? Say a Floater commander wearing green while everyone else wears normal purple etc? would that be even possible?

#51 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

There was a discussion once with Warboy about this, i think he was planning it for his OXC-WAR version.

http://openxcom.org/...opic,737.0.html

Now personally i am against that option for anything other than Mutons ( as clearly they do have a Commander Rank as per the startup video) as i look on this as a CHEAT as i can then clearly see his rank. I would prefer to make it more like the red floaters are the normal crappy ones , the Green ones are the elite trained ones with improved Floatation device , etc and make them a different strength .  Then you can have full Ranks in both groups , but if you come across the green ones you better watch out Posted Image

I will repost this question in my "Colour replace aliens" folder, for all i know , it may already be possably within the rulesets, i spend 99% of my time modding OXC, i only play it  once every few months- generally speaking , i don't play games much at all these days)

#52 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postluke83, on 21 September 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

There was a discussion once with Warboy about this, i think he was planning it for his OXC-WAR version.

http://openxcom.org/...opic,737.0.html

Now personally i am against that option for anything other than Mutons ( as clearly they do have a Commander Rank as per the startup video) as i look on this as a CHEAT as i can then clearly see his rank. I would prefer to make it more like the red floaters are the normal crappy ones , the Green ones are the elite trained ones with improved Floatation device , etc and make them a different strength .  Then you can have full Ranks in both groups , but if you come across the green ones you better watch out Posted Image

I will repost this question in my "Colour replace aliens" folder, for all i know , it may already be possably within the rulesets, i spend 99% of my time modding OXC, i only play it  once every few months- generally speaking , i don't play games much at all these days)

Actually I didn't think about it like that, very good point. That would eliminate the need for a Mind Probe, which I like using. I much prefer your idea of making the alternative colored aliens more of an indication of their difficulty. Land at a crash site with green floaters or alloy mutons and really toss up wether to abort or attempt to take them on

#53 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Sounds like some of this MAY already be possible, i need to build a ruleset and see what does and does not work, then i will PM the DEV team with some suggestions or Issues, they love it when i do that Posted Image

#54 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

OK thanks to SupSuper cleaning up my Ruleset and adding some fixes into the Codebase, you can now add in extra races into OXC ( so far i have only tried Instant battle but i have not see any reason why Full game wouldn't work also)

Link to my forum post on OXC
http://openxcom.org/...g14541.html#new

Attached Thumbnails

  • Floater_elder.png


#55 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

YARRRRR  THERE BY PIRATES IN FOXC

Attached Thumbnails

  • 2_BLADES.png


#56 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just building some new Xcom base assets and wanted to share :)

Attached Thumbnails

  • XBASE_57bb.gif
  • XBASE_55.gif
  • XBASE_56.gif


#57 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

    Captain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Poland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Looking good.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Here is another project i have been playing with also, you can thank BombBloke for these!

Attached Thumbnails

  • P4_A.gif


#59 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

    Captain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Poland

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

View Postluke83, on 21 July 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Here is another project i have been playing with also, you can thank BombBloke for these!

Are you planing Artifact sites?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#60 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

My intention for these is mobile fortresses, others in the community just want them for 2 stage Alien Bases, other may just want to have some variety in the ufo selection, All will be supported (eventually)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users