TFTD Extender

Tycho

Asuming extender hasn't changed anything it will take a minimum of 20 hours to build 20 of anything because only one item can be built an hour. That is the bug but fixing that would require encapsulating the manufacturing code that runs once an hour in a loop that loops through available enginers/technicians. I assume that's to difficult.

What you see:

(5 hours to produce / 20 techs) * 20 units to produce || 5/20 * 20 = 5

What you get:

if (expectedTime > unitsToProduce) {totalTime = expected time; }

else {totalTime = units; }

Thanks that helps me to understand. Somehow I was thinking that 'items' meant 'batches' (It doesn't), without thinking of my reasoning for that.

I'll just pretend that there's some kind of x-com paperwork (with actual paper forms) that clogs manufacturing to that speed.

Edit:

I crash when completing research on sonic rifle Clip, happens every time on load/run . If I first click view reports to go to the ufopaedia entries when the research is done and then click OK to go back, the information is 0x2, 0xC0000005 and 0x00000002 .

post-7019-0-09867400-1342686854_thumb.jpg

Edit:

I crash when completing research on sonic rifle Clip, happens every time on load/run . If I first click view reports to go to the ufopaedia entries when the research is done and then click OK to go back, the information is 0x2, 0xC0000005 and 0x00000002 .

Have you tried the game without the extender? It would help to isolate the issue as from extender or another source.

Sorry! That error was my fault. I was deleting some old code and accidentally enable a line I intended to remove.

This version corrects that.

update: New version is available. Please see newer entries in this topic. Thanks for supporting TFTDextender!

Edited by Tycho

Will you release 'spoilers' or a way to determine what the modified tree is?

You modified Gauss tank in a personal mod or in tftdextender? I would like to use that change too.

Spoiler?! Where is the fun in that? biggrin.png Oh well, here is a hint: I followed the same theme for each change I made to a particular branch of the Research Tree.

Yes I made the changes in the Guass tank as part of TFTDextender. I may need to go back and separate the ammo fix from the turrent mod, so it doesn't interfere with people wanting to mod the tank turrents themselves..

I like those particularly.

About bio-drone 'tracks' , but doesn't it add a gameplay element, making it known when a bio-drone is near or present? And of the deep one's attack, isnt it also a gameplay element that they can attack in an arc, like a grenade over obstacles, but without an explosive area of effect? It could change gameplay, though not necessarily a bad thing, I think it adds variety to those units. Do you plan to remove the arc or only improve the shot effect of the deep one? Of course I would like you to do whatever you want, but also am curious about what you will be able to do with the deep-one shot replacement.

I gave a definite personality to the Deep One. It would be most dramatic to encounter them in the course of a new game, when X-Com is still dealing with encounters with low alien tech.

I would be interested in hearing people's reaction to them after they get a feel for the changes. Of course, everything is optional and one can always disable a particular mod/fix.

Hooray for the bug fix. Now I can test more today (but play!). I used a gauss tank and saw its good firepower..

I'll look forward to trying the new deep one.

Edit :

Save equipment doesn't seem to work for me. Could my split executables have something to do with it?

equip.ini exists in my savegame folder but has information from soldiers who have been dead for a few days, so I think it isn't being updated, although the file's modified stamp is from today.

. But I was eager and also used auto flare=1 when I switched on the save equipment setting. When I press the right arrow 'go to next floor equipment' it clears all equipment from all soldiers instead. And it puts one sonic pulser on one leg and one flare on the other leg of every solider at that time. I'll test without flares after this mission and see what happens..

Yeah, I am not surprises that there are other issues. I think it might be that TFTD has its own version of auto-equip, which is conflicting with Extender. I'm going to have to spend a lot more time decrypting the subroutine to decide what changes need to be made. Thanks for the feedback! Edited by Tycho

I'm glad if i can help.

Maybe its only my imagination but I think one of my Coelacanth/Gauss tanks converted itself into a Coelacanth/Gas Cannon tank. I don't remember buying one. Well, I don't know.

Earlier it seemed like I was not getting any problem with the gauss tanks consuming more than the intial 50 gauss rounds. I could load and unload them from the triton, at least from that particular menu, which I didn't exit.

I guess that is the bug you fixed concerning their ammo.

I'm glad if i can help.

Maybe its only my imagination but I think one of my Coelacanth/Gauss tanks converted itself into a Coelacanth/Gas Cannon tank. I don't remember buying one. Well, I don't know.

Earlier it seemed like I was not getting any problem with the gauss tanks consuming more than the intial 50 gauss rounds. I could load and unload them from the triton, at least from that particular menu, which I didn't exit.

I guess that is the bug you fixed concerning their ammo.

I think the combination of both the old Geoscape and Tactical into a single executable was not extensively play-tested. As a result, there are all sorts of minor (and major!) problems that can arise leading to random crashes or data corruption. I have seen on more than once that the game crashes when an agent kills the last alien on a reaction shot and the turn finishes, instead of the game going to the mission summary screen. The usual error indicates the program is trying to access some data point or stat that doesn't seem to exist anymore, so I suspect there is a logical flaw in the code for this set of circumstances.

In the original code, there was nothing to return ammo to storage if you unloaded a gauss/tank, since in EU the tank/laser didn't use "ammo". The same was true at the post-battle phase as well.

About range based accuracy, is minimum efficiency supposed to be a hard cap on all shot types at any range? The description also says 'maximum penalty' which is confusing to me. If it is supposed to be a hard cap, it was not applying that way to all shot-types for me (or any?). But otherwise I think it was working as far as adjusting accuracy by range. Does it only apply to player shots?

It is the maximum penalty that will be applied to any shot. The efficiency penalty is a straight -2% per tile from the shooter to the target but it is only applied when a target is beyond the stated range of that shot type. Since it is per tile, a target would need to be at 25 tiles or farther before reaching the maximum penalty cap. I can't think of many scenarios in a typical battle that a soldier would have LOS to a target 25 tiles away.

No, it does not apply to only the player. Ranged Based Accuracy applies to aliens as well.

I think I finally have a fix for the auto equip. Initial testing shows it works so try it an let me know the results.

update: new patch available. Please see newer entries in this topic. Thanks for supporting TFTDextender!

My game crashed when exiting T'leth level 2 and going for level 3 (the last part of the final mission). I replaced patcher.dll with a previous version and it doesn't crash anymore.

Maybe there's some sort of conflict with auto equip and multi-level missions? I haven't gotten a chance to test the latest patcher build extensively because I was playing through the final mission. I'm going to replay the game soon and maybe I can give some better input.

Enjoy the rest of the summer everyone!

Can you post the exact error message? I checked the code that handles setup for T'leth level 3 and I don't think the problem is from autoequip. The code doesn't refer to anything that would access autoequp again after the start of stage 1.

I found an error with the research path for Ion Armor with ALT research path level 3. This will fix that.

Update: Released version 1.04. Please see newer entries in this topic. Thanks for supporting TFTD extender!

I've been using TFTD extender off and on since I found out about it. Thank you for your work on it.

I had a question regarding the Hallucinoid ranged attack. It's fixed in TFTD Extender by using thermal shok launcher weapon as the freezing attack. I found further information on how the attack was intended to work on ufopaedia.org's Hallucinoid talk page:

https://www.ufopaedia...alk:Hallucinoid

Specifically:

Thanks for your help NKF. It definitely has a ranged attack, I saw the 'freeze bolt' or whatever it is travelling six squares to hit and kill my (previously uninjured) Aquanaut. I'm not quite sure if its definitely using the tentacles at melee range, or just firing its ranged weapon at point blank. I don't believe the ranged attack is an area effect (as implied by "Built in Thermal Shok Launcher) but I'll check that by offering it multiple targets at once. Spike 14:56, 15 November 2008 (CST)

The ranged attack is definitely not area effect. It uses an icon that looks similar to a plasma bolt from XCOM-EU. It looks like it has autofire capability - either that or it just likes to fire at corpses. I'm not sure if anyone knows where these alien built in weapon definitions are located in TFTD? Spike 15:32, 15 November 2008 (CST)

I also have the Prima strategy guide for the game (bought it about 15 years ago at this point!) and it says:

If the Hallucinoid is able to touch its target, it attacks using its tentacles, which freeze the victim. This attack produces the same amount of damage as the Thermal Tazer. From a distance, the Hallucinoid can project a blast of icy cold at its target, producing the same amount of damage as the Thermal Shok Launcher. However, unlike the Tazer and the Shok Launcher, the Hallucinoid's attacks kill rather than stun.

Given this info, I was wondering two things. Would it be possible to change the non-lethal AoE ranged attack added in TFTD Extender to the lethal attack? Alternately, would it be possible to add the lethal ranged attack as an alternative to the non-lethal AoE ranged attack in the extender.ini file?

Thanks for your time!

I found an error with the research path for Ion Armor with ALT research path level 3. This will fix that.

The game still crashed for me with the new patcher. The error is

"Application Error

XCOM crashed at 0x689B8EFA with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00190194".

I find it very odd that it won't crash with the previous patcher.dll. Or maybe it's some funny exception that only happens in my game? I don't know. Is there any point in sharing my savegame? I can't find where to upload it -__-'

!EDIT!*:

I disabled auto-equip and I don't get the crash anymore if that helps in anyway.

The saved game would be very helpful.

The game still crashed for me with the new patcher. The error is

"Application Error

XCOM crashed at 0x689B8EFA with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00190194".

I find it very odd that it won't crash with the previous patcher.dll. Or maybe it's some funny exception that only happens in my game? I don't know. Is there any point in sharing my savegame? I can't find where to upload it -__-'

!EDIT!*:

I disabled auto-equip and I don't get the crash anymore if that helps in anyway.

The saved game would be very helpful. To upload a file: click the "more reply options" in the lower right corner. (took me a while to learn this as well. :) )

When I was on an attack alien base mission there were lots of hallucinoids.

I remember them attacking using what looked and sounded like the thermal shok launcher projectile.

It seemed like the power of the stun may have been lower than the shok launcher but it was area of effect and tended to stun other aliens and also itself sometimes. But regardless of whether that is intentional, I like it that way. Because I think of the hallucinoid as a mindless beast even though IIRC it is supposed to be under some amount of molecular control. I think my soldiers armor was blocking stun damage about 90% of the time on that mission.

Its melee attack was effective and it killed several of my soldiers that way but usually used the ranged attack.