TFTD Extender

Tycho

The errors are all related to the program attempting to access the wrong memory for the death screams. Try the latest version.

When you get a death count higher than the number of soldiers you bring, were tentacults present in the mission? Or did a soldier get shot, you get a pop-up claiming they went unconscious but they actually die?

I want to make a dialog that lets you choose which aliens to keep and which to "release" like the dialog for selecting research topics. Making the box and list for this is the tricky part.

Sorry I can't remember if any soldiers went unconscious at the time their number was miscalculated. Since then I installed v. 1.071 and I think this problem hasn't appeared. There were no tentaculats in that mission. Last night I played shipping route mission (v. 1.071) and I got following crashes:

TFTD crashed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x06FBF638

TFTD crashed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x06FDE520

Is this the same problem? 0x425743 is the same as previously. Yet this bug is not consistent. Today it didn't happen. Instead in the end of the mission I got result screen with wrong number of alien artifacts. 3 artifacts from 2-level shipping route mission. Yet I think the real number of artifacts was added to the base inventory.

I can add no more than 5 technicians to build Gauss Cannon ammo.

That is not a bug. You can never assign more techs than the number of tech hours available in a project that would exceed a production rate of 1 unit per hour. Gauss cannon ammo requires five tech hours to produce so you can only assign 5 techs to produce one ammo round per hour. It is a limitation of the hourly production routine. Its the same in the original game but no project in EU had such low engineer hours.

Sorry I can't remember if any soldiers went unconscious at the time their number was miscalculated. Since then I installed v. 1.071 and I think this problem hasn't appeared. There were no tentaculats in that mission. Last night I played shipping route mission (v. 1.071) and I got following crashes:

TFTD crashed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x06FBF638

TFTD crashed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x06FDE520

Is this the same problem? 0x425743 is the same as previously. Yet this bug is not consistent. Today it didn't happen. Instead in the end of the mission I got result screen with wrong number of alien artifacts. 3 artifacts from 2-level shipping route mission. Yet I think the real number of artifacts was added to the base inventory.

Can you try disabling mod or fixes to help isolate the issue? The error is coming from the game getting the wrong memory address for a tile. So many things call that function, I can't say what it might be from the error itself.

As you research stuff, they stop being considered artifacts and won't be listed in the summary screen but everything gets transferred to your base inventory.

When I lose mission, "X-com operatives killed......18" although I had only 12 soldiers onboard.

This problem stems from the fix for the Biodrone melee attack. Disable the fix to resolve. The problem should only occur when creatures with non-weapon melee attacks are present.

Gauss Tank Ammo Fix causes crash (TFTD crashed at 0x6E8C58DB with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000031) when aborting mission (alien artefact site, 2nd level) when gauss tank is destroyed. I have a saved game to confirm this.

Other than that, I suspect many of the errors I have encountered start appearing when I have played multiple hours. Restarting the game helps. For example chasing alien cruiser ship over land caused "site too deep ... returning to base" announcement. I'm going to use another computer to see if this is related to the hardware.

Gauss Tank Ammo Fix causes crash (TFTD crashed at 0x6E8C58DB with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00000031) when aborting mission (alien artefact site, 2nd level) when gauss tank is destroyed. I have a saved game to confirm this.

Other than that, I suspect many of the errors I have encountered start appearing when I have played multiple hours. Restarting the game helps. For example chasing alien cruiser ship over land caused "site too deep ... returning to base" announcement. I'm going to use another computer to see if this is related to the hardware.

send me a PM with the save. I'm curious to know if I can reproduce this error. I can't reproduce your other errors. Also a zip with your game executable, if possible. I want to run a quick compare of mine to yours.

Game crashes when Leviathan has been sent to T'leth

TFTD crashed at 0x45882, error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xFA6C8304

crash persists with default *.ini, also without Extender

It is a problem with one of the vid files in the base game. check the ufopaedia.org site for more details and possible solutions in the reported bug section and discussions. There is a quick explanation on the TFTDextender page too.

It is a problem with one of the vid files in the base game. check the ufopaedia.org site for more details and possible solutions in the reported bug section and discussions. There is a quick explanation on the TFTDextender page too.

Thanks. Dummy videos solved the problem somehow %)

I found the source of this problem and have a fix in the bag. I'm trying to recreate some of the other errors so nothing will be released yet. You can work-around the error without disabling the fix by only having one tank/gauss built per base.

I just had one of those thoughts...

That is not a bug. You can never assign more techs than the number of tech hours available in a project that would exceed a production rate of 1 unit per hour. Gauss cannon ammo requires five tech hours to produce so you can only assign 5 techs to produce one ammo round per hour. It is a limitation of the hourly production routine. Its the same in the original game but no project in EU had such low engineer hours.

Would it be feasible to replace the normal Gauss cannon ammo with "Gauss Cannon Ammo (x10)"?

Analogous to the Gass Cannon Rounds(x50)

That would obviously require ten times the tech hours...

I've encountered a bug that causes me to get 770~800 Disruptor Ammo from an Alien Base mission. I have a savegame that should confirm this. Kill the last alien and you'll see.

Do you have a save of the game just before completing the first stage?

Tycho good man. I want to return to TFTD with your extender, but I have an urge to play only with Gauss guns. Now thinking ahead Gauss guns are suicidal thanks to ridiculous resistances of aliens. Mainly Tassoth, Lobsterman, Bio drone. So I have a question is it possible to add something brilliant that would make Gauss weapons optional instead of boring sonic guns?

I was thinking about heavy armor reduction and after the armor is gone by some ammout a real damage would be done.

Something like these?

Know Thy Enemy: Damage is reduced against targets until an autopsy has been preformed. There is a small chance that a "lucky" shot will do full damage. Explosives and Fire are not affected. The reduction only affects the damage that is applied against a unit's health not armor.

Ablative Armor: No changes for AP weapons but armor is more effective against HE, gauss, and sonic. However, these attacks quickly reduce the armor in the location hit. In regards to the armor value used to determine stun damage applied to a target, the stun rod is treated as an AP attack but the Stun Bomb is treated like HE. Neither stun attack damages the armor.

Those are the only current mods that alter how gauss and sonic work. I was considering a mod that altered the resistances and armor ratings for the Tsaoth and Lobsterman but haven't really developed the idea further.

Allright got an error

TFTD crashed at 0x6291585C with error 0x00000005 trying to access 0x00000000.

CPU i7-4770k not overclocked. The crash happens at Night Terror mission just right after throwing flare.

Also the MP3 music in geoscope seems not to change - it goes for the one track with a weird pause after the finish. I know the freeze is for the MIDI.GAME_2.zip

I thought that Ablative Armor is an item :P

If Armor = 0, does resistances still apply?

Yes it does. Still as per the original.

Allright got an error

TFTD crashed at 0x6291585C with error 0x00000005 trying to access 0x00000000.

CPU i7-4770k not overclocked. The crash happens at Night Terror mission just right after throwing flare.

Also the MP3 music in geoscope seems not to change - it goes for the one track with a weird pause after the finish. I know the freeze is for the MIDI.GAME_2.zip

Are you playing with a split executable or any other mods? If throwing other objects doesn't cause a problem. It might be that the game has a problem rendering light at the location of the flare...

(after modding both EU and TFTD so much and both programs use similar code, I have trouble remembering what changes I've made to each program.)

No mods and if you mean split executable that I launch TFTDExtender that launches Terror From The Deep.exe then yes. And yes throwing the gun also caused the error.

I assume your using 1.07.1, correct?

I'm not at my computer now. The only thing I can think,off the top of my head, that might be causing a problem would be the clip weight fix. You might try copying the line from the BugFixReference.txt file and pasting it under the [bug fix] section of the INI and see what effect that has. Last resort: Paste ALL of the fixes there and test the action.

The problem with the music stumps me, I haven't had any problems since switching to the bass sound system and, with all the people downloading it, there haven't been many complaints on the music compared to the codec issues of the past.

Also I've found 2 strange things.

Does The Deep One holding Gauss Rifle thing is to bypass that "Celatid" animation thing?

There is also a bug with barrels and units. I don't know if this bug is from the original version. The issue is, I've fired a barrage of shots that landed through whole screen and a few pixels more and hit a barrel, which exploded. The result of this was a soldier standing next to the shooter just died (out of explosion not the shot). On the other occasion a random shot fire at barrel where soldier was standing yield no damage to that soldier. I guess it's something with calculating explosions and moving camera.

Also I would like to fill a request to reduce the explosion radius of sonic pulser. Just like the stun bomb I think it's radius is way to high. Example: There is this 3 story high building with x-com classified boxes. My soldier stands in the small western room of the building near the door leading to the main area. An alien throws the grenade outside of the building and lands somewhere on the eastern side of the building wall. The explosion reaches the soldier although the devastation doesn't.

Also I've found 2 strange things.

Does The Deep One holding Gauss Rifle thing is to bypass that "Celatid" animation thing?

There is also a bug with barrels and units. I don't know if this bug is from the original version. The issue is, I've fired a barrage of shots that landed through whole screen and a few pixels more and hit a barrel, which exploded. The result of this was a soldier standing next to the shooter just died (out of explosion not the shot). On the other occasion a random shot fire at barrel where soldier was standing yield no damage to that soldier. I guess it's something with calculating explosions and moving camera.

Also I would like to fill a request to reduce the explosion radius of sonic pulser. Just like the stun bomb I think it's radius is way to high. Example: There is this 3 story high building with x-com classified boxes. My soldier stands in the small western room of the building near the door leading to the main area. An alien throws the grenade outside of the building and lands somewhere on the eastern side of the building wall. The explosion reaches the soldier although the devastation doesn't.

The rifle in the hands of the Deep One is just a superficial change to make the unit look closer to the ufopaedia picture.

The problem with the barrels and explosions might be an issue in the base code. I'll look into it further.

The problem with explosions and walls is a problem with the MCD records. The armor value of the wall is very high but the "blocks HE" value is probably very low if not zero.

Aside from a few glitches, how is the game with the Extender?

For few minutes I have played - very smooth to be honest, though strangely FRAPS only caches portion of the whole window (if you divide a window into 4 squares it catches only top left square). The animation is very smooth, though it might be just me, but the death animation is too fast.

I had few issues with MP3 even beginning to work. Strangely even when Apply was set to 0 there was no MIDI music. Had to remove all the * from file names in the ini to make it actually work.

Edit:

Also that Ablative Armor and EU2012 rules. I don't see option to turn it on in the INI file, though I see the deep colonies.

Does deep colonies means I can't attack with Triton?