TFTD Extender

Tycho

Sorry to say, friend, but THAT particular operation is handled by XComUtil. This thread is for TFTDExtender. Regardless, I think that UFOExtender has a cheat in the .ini that can reveal the entire map, and Tycho will probably see to that once he's finished blasting the current round of bugs.

Though, speaking of bugs, even though I fixed the Leviathan problem myself (by turning off the manufacturing rate bug fix), I still can't plot out waypoints for the Disruptor Pulse Torpedo launcher. It's kind of a buzzkill for every item to work on land except for the most powerful weapon, so does anything have any suggestions on how I can make this edit myself or fix the problem?

And before anyone askes, I am running the latest patch, and it doesn't really seem to fix anything, be it the Leviathan or the D.P.T Launcher.

Some people seem to have no troubles running under windows 7 or 64-bit while others have lots of problems. When Seb wrote the first UFOloader XP, was the common OS. I'm running XPsp3, since I never had a reason to go to Vista or 7. (No reason to upgrade what isn't broke.) I'm debating if I need to jump to a new version of my compiler and maybe that would help the compatibility issues with 7 or not. Some of the fixes are written in assembly so they might have to be manually fixed anyway. That is the current issue with the latest patch. It fixed the problem with the leviathan on my machine but it looks like I need to add a few extra lines to get it to work with Window7/64-bit. The waypoint issue was only reported for the first time a few days ago, so I'll take a look at that as soon as I can.

Did the patch work?

I am running Win7 32bit myself, so I still have the issue of not being able to assign technicians to manufacture the Leviathan.

I'll see if I can can put in some time to try re-create a save of the reaction fire bug that I had noticed, will post up when I have one that can show it reliably.

patch 3.2 (requires v1.05)

• fixed problem with inability to assign technicians to build Leviathan with the manufacturing limit rate fix enabled.
  • fixed problem with not being able to enable waypoints when firing the PWT launcher on land if using the mod that allow one to do so.
  • fixed issue with crash on second stage of artifact sites.
  • added options for localization of text used in the equipment screen. See description in Equipment section on Extender's main information page.

update:New patch released. See newer entries in this topic. Thanks for supporting TFTD Extender!

Edited by Tycho

Haven't had a chance to test the Leviathan bug yet (the research for it is in queue), but I did test the P.W.T Launcher this morning on some hapless lobsterman during a terror mission (god rest his shell).

Excellent work as always, Tycho. Your quick response to this truly marks you as a professional (or just someone as hopelessly addicted to this game as I am)

Patch #4 for version 1.05 (includes all fixes from previous patches.)

* Save Equipment now functions properly

* Clip weight issues fixed: All clips loaded into weapons will have their weight assigned to the weapon's owner. When the weapon is thrown or dropped, the clip weight will be removed as well.

* Fixed problem with items on sub floor disappearing when mission aborted.

* Fixed problem where the Gauss Tank becomes a Gas Cannon when tank is removed from craft after a battle due to insufficient ammo.

Just wanted to report that I am well underway to finishing version 1.06. Some of the new features will include:

-reduced size of map for colony stage 2

-more randomness of alien types with the "guards" on stage 1

-stage 2 aliens will align to the race of the supply ships: Aquatoid, Gillman, Tasoth, or Lobster man.

Could I interest you in one mod addition to this version of extender?

The case:

If you ask, on the forums, which game is superior, EU or TFTD, many will choose the former. The argument (among others) is often put as: the maps were too big, it would take a long time before finishing a simple USO raid. The game becomes unwelcoming for occasional player with little time. While I prefered the wide space of TFTD maps that hide the threats, I must admit that real life have all but suppressed my gaming time. This makes TFTD almost a no-go option.

Could there be an option for EU sized maps (4x4) for simple USO raids?

Just wanted to report that I am well underway to finishing version 1.06. Some of the new features will include:

-reduced size of map for colony stage 2

-more randomness of alien types with the "guards" on stage 1

-stage 2 aliens will align to the race of the supply ships: Aquatoid, Gillman, Tasoth, or Lobster man.

I think these changes sound great! It will give more enjoyment to do multiple base raids without them feeling too long and boring.

Could I interest you in one mod addition to this version of extender?

The case:

If you ask, on the forums, which game is superior, EU or TFTD, many will choose the former. The argument (among others) is often put as: the maps were too big, it would take a long time before finishing a simple USO raid. The game becomes unwelcoming for occasional player with little time. While I prefered the wide space of TFTD maps that hide the threats, I must admit that real life have all but suppressed my gaming time. This makes TFTD almost a no-go option.

Could there be an option for EU sized maps (4x4) for simple USO raids?

This sounds like a good idea for maps that contain smaller craft, at the moment I have to use 2x sonic displacers as they have 100TU and good scouting capabilities or it can take too long.

Speaking of the Sonic displacer, I find their starting position on the Leviathan is very poor considering they are 2x2 you need to move many troops which defeats the point of having a HWP scout in my opinion. Is there anyway to alter the starting position or even possibly move the door from the side of the Leviathan to the bottom?? Just an idea I keep having.

@kyrub: I can do that but it's a lot of work. This may have to wait for 1.07. To alter the just the base size, I had to trial and error on the a lot of stuff until I got them working together correctly: You have to remap out each byte that stores the location and adjust the reference points to match new rows in the structure, then rewrite all the randomize sections to reflect the new outline, also taking into account that some map structures may take up a 2x2 area in the array, so those sections that place those will have to have new algorithms to ensure they one choose the locations that will line up correctly in the new array.

I was working on reducing the size of artifact sites but kept having problems and then realized that another problem would arise because most sections in the artifact sites only have one or two spawn points at most. At higher difficulties, there won't be enough spawn points for all the aliens. The only place with a lot of points is the central chamber and that only has 10 points, if my memory is correct. It wouldn't surprise me if some aliens get left out of artifact stage 2 at superhuman already.

Artefact stage 2 missions have got an interesting bug where a spawn point may end up miles away from the map module it belongs to, typically inside a wall somewhere where you'll never find the alien that got assigned to the node. No idea what triggers it. Maybe it applies to all terrains, and that just happens to be one of the ones which have lots of walls for aliens to actually get stuck inside... Who knows. I've only actually got one confirmed case of it happening.

I've been meaning to reduce the map sizes via ComboMod, which can already build maps (in fact it does build all USO maps regardless as to whether they're on land or not), but currently cheats a little in that it doesn't move ships from where the game engine's map generator first put them. That capability needs to be there as if the map size is reduced I need to ensure that all craft are within the new boundaries, but it's literally all I'd need to add in order to have full control over map sizes.

Doing so involves moving the X-COM crew as well as the item pile, which isn't hard (I've already written such routines in order to get the MudRanger working so I'd mostly be copy'n'pasting), but takes time which I don't have a lot of these days. That said I can probably sort it out before the weekend.

BB, Kyrub, or anyone: Does anyone know a way to get feedback for the attacks in tactical. Either an in-game message or specified output saved to a file?

Specifically, I want to log the initial damage done to a unit before armor is applied. I know where in the code this damage is determined but I haven't found a way to have the game display the information.

Sorry, I probably can't help in the way you're wanting. My method has simply been to reduce the armour of the unit to 0, shoot it, save game and review what goes to the hard drive. For large information samples I used AutoHotKey to do all the above and repeat it indefinitely (the goal being to determine shot spread at a given accuracy). Created a special tileset for it and everything.

But I assume you already know just about everything that'd tell you in terms of damage output (make a random roll of 50-150% of the weapon's damage rating, multiply by the target's damage modifier, then subtract armour), and it's obviously a rubbish method if you want to make use of the data as it's generated during actual gameplay.

At long last, allow me to introduce version 1.06!

New in this version:

* Know Thy Enemy: Damage will be capped until the aliens' vital points have been discovered via autopsies. There is a small chance of a "lucky shot" that will bypass the cap for each successful hit.

* Smaller Maps for both random Alien sub missions and Alien colony's stage 2.

* Increased variety of aliens that populate the colonies.

* Improved detectors to help aquanauts find those pesky aliens hiding under the beds or in the closets.

* Revised P.W.T. ammo production requirements to reflect a logical correlation to each platform's weapon damage. [New Games only]

* The game executable can now be specified in the [loader] section of the game's INI file.

* Craft Gauss Cannon's maximum ammo increased to 100 and base rearm rate increase to 50 rounds per hour.

* Option to increase base rearm rate for Ajax torpedoes to 2 rounds per hour instead of 1 per hour.

* 'Craft Always Ready' mod changed to 'Craft Ready State' with two options: =1 Always ready, =2 Damaged craft are grounded.

* Option to have Aquatoids be armed with sonic pistols or rifles instead of cannons because of their size.

update: new version has been released. see newer posts in this topic. Thanks for supporting TFTD Extender!

Edited by Tycho