Some Questions for Veteran Players

Milan

Hello friends, I am new to Forum

As a fellow Strategy Gamer with a decent titles in the genre, I can safely say S2 has not just amazing concept but fine tactical challenge served among them. Its my first playthorugh S2 and frankly is a lot tougher (much tougher than Commandos).

But I have few questions for the game and request help from the players for the same. smile.png

1. To me one major draw in the game are very limited Action Points with almost every act chews out massive amount of AP's. It's not a big flaw but some actions involve unrealistic values in form of AP's

esp. reloading. Is there any way to make Reloading "Free" for all squads (apart from ability unlocked under Skill Tree) by using Editor provided with the game?? Any guide on how to edit will be helpful.

2. How long a player can continue Random Encounters before completing Campaign Missions? Is it unlimited or comes with a fix number?

3. Can I know "Big joe" Stats?.. as in weapon stats like all other weapons to understand what it serves the best in values or range of effect.

1. First, open up the editor and choose to create a new mod. Then, open up the View drop-down menu on the top and choose Select resource tabs, then click on the RPG tab and check the RPG APs option, which should let you edit most of the APs for miscellaneous actions like picking up corpses. As far as I know though, there's no way of editing reloading or firing APs, but maybe you'll find the option tucked away somewhere.

2. You can run Random Encounters an unlimited amount of times, but keep in mind that there are a limited amount of mission templates available.

3. I'll have to start up S2 again to give you the exact stats, but basically it's a single-shot pistol that shoots a HE grenade with a relatively small explosion. Same AP cost and roughly about the same effective range as firing a regular Colt M1911.

• 1 month later...
Hello friends, I am new to Forum

As a fellow Strategy Gamer with a decent titles in the genre, I can safely say S2 has not just amazing concept but fine tactical challenge served among them. Its my first playthorugh S2 and frankly is a lot tougher (much tougher than Commandos).

Welcome to the forums! :)

2. How long a player can continue Random Encounters before completing Campaign Missions? Is it unlimited or comes with a fix number?

As Ecthe013 mentioned, random encounters can be run indefinately. I farm them all the time to raise the stats of my troops in between campaign missions. There are only 4-5 different random encounter types per sector on the world map, so the replay-ability is limited without progressing to another sector via completing a campaign mission.

3. Can I know "Big joe" Stats?.. as in weapon stats like all other weapons to understand what it serves the best in values or range of effect.

Have you looked at the Silent Storm Data Tables download? Go to the Weapon Stats tab and look at ItemID entry 378 for the Big Joe stats. Really, the Big Joe is "meh" at best. It's crippled by it's short effective range. Just my opinion though. whistling.gif

- Zombie

Is there any way to make Reloading "Free" for all squads (apart from ability unlocked under Skill Tree) by using Editor provided with the game?? Any guide on how to edit will be helpful.

Hi, Milan.

In S^2 and S^3 you'll need to use Microsoft Access to modify the weapons' statistics. Namely - "dbo_Weapons" table - column called ReloadAPs.

(In H&S all those things are easily modified from within the editor, btw.)

Good Luck!

~Blunter~

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am new member on this forum and i have a problem with SS2. Is there any (easy) way to edit weapons stats? I tried this, but without success. Instaling MS MSQ server 2008 and SS2 editor is a pain with Win7 64bit. Now i just read "Blunterll" post about MS Access to mod weapons reloading cost. Is it possible to use MS Access to edit weapons stats in SS2 (damage, range, ap to singe shot etc.)? If MS Access can be used for this task, can you write me a step by step manual how to do so? I would be very grateful.

Can SilentStormData.xls be used for this task as well?

I consider Silent Storm one of the best turn-base stategies, just like JA2. Since JA2 has 1.13 community patch with .xml and .Ini editors where you can edit ALMOST anything. I get addicted to that and i want to be able to edit weapons in SS2.

I'm sorry to interfere to this topic and also for my English.

Thank you very much for your help!