Get Your Forty Five

Thorondor

Panzer Corps

The Soviet army is here, with Grand Campaign '45 East. This freshly released seventh DLC pack for the renowned turn-based strategy game Panzer Corps will have us defending the Fatherland and increasingly under siege.

As Soviet forces close in from the East, the Wehrmacht prepares its forces to defend East Prussia, Poland, and the home soil of Germany itself. Take command of your forces once again and prepare to face the might of the Red Army head on in the final battles of World War II!

This DLC includes 14 all new scenarios, featuring new and unique objectives such as rescue missions, destroying enemy bridgeheads, and fighting across a frozen bay all culminating to the final conclusion of the epic Grand Campaign. Will your valiant forces be doomed to repeat history, or is there still hope for Germany?

Berlin is at risk. Retreat no more and face the Red tide!

/the sound of a massive can of worms exploding

DLC is a contentious issue. I'm skipping discussing cosmetic DLC here for obvious reasons.

I always have difficulty justifying the purchase. Say you buy a game for £20 or £30, and the DLC is £5 each. Pretty soon, you've spent twice as much on DLC as on the game, and there's something fundamentally wrong there. I have yet to see any kind of DLC where the cost scales accurately to the content (I'm not talking about hours of playing time, there's plenty of DLC that is more than justifiable in that case). You pay £30 for a game, that's the soundtrack, the physics, the graphics, the engine, etc. You pay for DLC that is often 'remixed' content. Nothing actually new, it's enemy types/terrain and everything else you've seen before, just in a different order.

So basically, it's a rip-off.

However. When I buy DLC, it's because I want more of that game. If you offer me DLC for certain games, as long as the price is somewhat reasonable, I'll jump at it, because it's more of something I know I'll love. It makes sense. You're supporting a game and a developer by doing so, and it's a game you like and a developer that makes games you like. Whether DLC's a bad thing or not itself is a different issue. I don't think it is, but I think that pretty much everyone has their DLC priced too highly.

Is the PC DLC worth it? Absolutely. It's now over 100 scenarios, which is enough to keep any gamer happy for a big chunk of time.

When I buy DLC, it's because I want more of that game. If you offer me DLC for certain games, as long as the price is somewhat reasonable, I'll jump at it, because it's more of something I know I'll love. It makes sense.

Oh no no no, Pete, don't fall for this...

It WOULD make sense IF you wouldn't buy all kinds of other games, NOT knowing you'll love them, with it, which you DO! ;)

I agree with you.