The Organisations

Zomis

I was wondering which Organisations do you usually raid?

I guess almost everyone raids the Cult of Sirius org. but is there any more?

And which Organisations are neccasary (i.e. sells weapons and equipment and stuff)?

And which Organisations are you usually hostile with?

And which orgs. are you allied with?

I'm almost getting sick of always raiding Cult of Sirius, I want more to raid!!! :devil:

I dunno why, but Diablo randomly went hostile with me pretty late in the game. So I raid them regularly. I gotta say it's quit fun raiding them. Sadly though, I don't get anymore Incindiary grens. So I just conserve them. Raiding slums is pretty fun though.

Other than Diablo and the CoS, I'm allied with everybody.

1. I dislike (and raid) lifetree, general metro, grav ball, and of course the cult. I tend to raid gangs that dislike me (making other gangs like me more).

2. Never NEVER Raid Megapol, Marsec, Transteller, The Government, or The Elerium People. (Try not to piss off superdynamics early on)

3. Diablo, Cult, LifeTree, Santuary Clinic, and S.E.L.F tend to not like me much (i don't know why S.E.L.F doesn't like me? ( this is in every game game i play beginner to superhuman))

4. Im usally Allied with the Gov*, Marsed*, Megapol*, Transteller*, Technocrats*, The elerium people*, Pskye, Osiron, and oddly enough General Metro. (all * groups are bribed to stay that way :sly: )

(Tip. If you use hybrids a lot don't piss off mutant alliance, Same with S.E.L.F. and (i think this is true) if you use a lot of scientist and engineers try not to piss of companies like general metro, Megopol, Marsec, Superdynamics, or any other factory/ research company. This still leaves The Gangs, Cult, and Grav Ball :devil:..... (Wait what if x-com recruits grav ball players???)

-PSY GUY- :)

I'm allied with everyone but the Cult so I raid them. I agree though the best ones to raid if you're bored are the biggest slums. I often raid I think it's lifetree... I can't remember but there is one organisation that has almost as much money as me. Needles to say that annoys me... So I kill them... :)

Humans, hybrids and androids all have their niche. If you're combat oriented, humans and androids make up the bulk of your army(or just humans, if you're building munchkins). If you like psi, hybrids figure in there somewhere.

Brainsuckers do not actively pursue your androids, so they get to keep their minds, whereas your supersoldier might suddenly find a brainsucker on his head, and won't be able to drop an AP grenade in time or find a comrade to shoot it off. It's not nice having to deal with a brainsucked super soldier.

Androids also make great psionic alien trappers. Micronoids and psimorphs just can't get a grip on androids.

I like to use the androids to carry extra supplies, like vortex mines and shields. See, you don't need 96 accuracy to toss grenades. They run about, merrily blowing up spawn pads while my other soldiers deal with the troops.

But let us not get into a species debate, and get back on topic shall we? Just don't anger the organisations that you need and you'll be okay. You want androids? Leave the poor SELF buggers alone. Need hybrids, be nice to the mutant alliance.

- NKF

Arguably, mutants are relatively useless as well, since psionics don't play as large a role in this game as the previous two.

Anyway, raiding... I don't generally raid anyone who is not hostile with me. Having said that, I do watch the messages screen, and orgs that raid Megapol or any other org that I want to keep strong, I will raid. Heh, that's confusing. OK, I raid the enemies of my friends. :)

I always end up raiding Transtellar... I swear, on my disk, it must be hardcoded for them to go hostile! :)

Hybrids start off with appaling stats, but they have the potential to become the best soldiers in the game.

See, they can achieve identical maximum stats as their human cousins (no joke!), but they will also have far superior psi abilities as well. You could get a human with mediocre to fairly good psi abilities if left in psi-training long enough, but they take forever to improve.

I usually get a handful of hybrids, put half of them in psi training, and the other half in physical training. Then swap them after a they've each earned considerable experience.

Having a tough hybrid that can sling bullets like the rest is a good plus, but having an extra method of inconveniencing the aliens in the middle of combat can be very handy at times. Like, while in an intense firefight, getting anthropods to toss their shields up into the air, drop their guns and primed their grenades in a split second... lots of fun.

- - -

Don't worry about Transtellar too much. It happens over here too. :)

They own a LOT of property in Mega Primus. Roads and people tubes for one thing. And you do end up damaging it consistently by accident. They eventually get fed up and will no longer accept bribes.

I try to bring the fight over to the alien dimension as quickly as possible, so that what public relations damage between X-Com and Transtaller has been done will not get any worse.

As for other organisations, I like making enemies of Psyke or Osiron. Never did like the buggers.

Evonet doesn't help much, since they are in direct competition with my X-Com recyclotorium. Not that I go looking for a fight with them, mind. But if micronoid rain turns them, I wouldn't mind having them as enemies.

Sometimes, lifetree, and oddly enough, nutrivend end up disliking me too. Rather odd having your base assaulted by mall guards. Bah, all the food they sell is tasteless paste anyway.

It was even more interesting to have the folks who make medikits start attack my base. Wonder what did I do to deserve that? Their pink leotards happen to be rather disturbing.

- NKF

lol!

I thought the stats were capped at some percentage over the soldier's original stats. Since (I thought) the hybrid stats started lower, they would max lower. Of course, perhaps at the level they are maxing out, it really doesn't much matter.

At any rate, I usually end up enemies with the gangs since they are attacking Megapol fairly often.... Sometimes I end up enemies with Marsec too. Oddly, I've never really been enemies with the "lesser companies" like the political parties, Evonet, Sanctuary Clinic, etc. All or nothing for me. :)

I just like raiding Psyke.

Because you're mates with Megapol they always get hostile with me and it's a convenient excuse to kick some ass. I prefer their maps to the CoS ones too, you get trees and abandoned cars and balconies and such, it's fun to blow a whole catwalk up and send three or four gangbangers plummeting to the concrete.

Mwahaha, the puny fools.

Well, Humans and Hybrids have the same stat caps, and it doesn't have anything to do with their base stats. I'm positive about this, since my best humans and hybrids were identical, except for their psi stats.

According to Roger Wong's unofficial Apocalypse FAQ , psi stats can only be developed up to 3 times the base stat, or somesuch. (Could anyone with Dave Ellis's official strat. guide have a look and see if there's anything about this?)

I'm a little skeptical about this, since I vaguely remember having a hybrid with very low starting psi stats get values that were near 100 or so. So I really can't say.

By the way, anyone ever have an android with, according to the improvement screen, with a 1% improvement? I had one once, but I think it could just have been a glitch, since soon after one of my medical bays got corrupted and caused the game to crash everytime I looked at the base layout.

- NKF

*joints creak, clouds of dust stir*

*goes to get dave ellis apoc guide*

right, to start with, not stat other than stamina will exceed 100 naturally.

and yes the psionic stats is limited to three times the initial stats

Right, ok. For some reason I thought that the psi stats weren't the only ones capped... but I know most of my soldiers reached fairly high stats at the end. Doh. :)

Hmm... How's training work with hybrids though? Do they train reasonably in the training modules, or is it more practical experience? Yes, I'm looking for something to counterbalance their advantages over standard human types. :)

Each...well, race, I suppose (as androids are not biologically alive and I assume hybrids

can interbreed with humans I would not call them species) has its advantages and

disadvantages.

The androids are unbrainsuckable (THAT'S a word I never thought I'd write) and psi

proof (although in my opinion, if they are supposed to be AI this is faulty logic). They

also start off with high strength, health, stamina and et cetera without training. This is

offset by the fact that they cannot be trained anyway, and gain experience only through

the greatest amounts of combat experience (again, if this is true AI I don't think this is

accurate). They also start off with accuracy not befitting to a stat that won't improve.

The hybrids, scientifically unrealistic as they are, often turn out to be the best in the late

game. They have notable psionic ability, and are respectable (at least) shots. They are

capable of learning and can improve low skills. The problem is that these boys start with

poor health (which is odd, I think I remember sectoids being tougher than my rookie

humans), poor stamina, and appallingly awful athletic ability all around (Are alliteration

activists applauded?). They also are in short supply. Despite this, it should be noted that

one learned player I've met has made armies consisting entirely of mutants.

Humans, the common trooper. They are in great supplies, and there is no one orginization

you can declare war upon that will cause them to stop coming to you. They also are stronger

than the hybrids and can learn in quantity, unlike the robots. They can even use psi, though

not to the extent of the first alien war. :hmmm: Point: generalists.

I would conclude that in the endgame, I'd use

Androids launching missiles from the sidelines, or smacking around Psimorphs and Micronoids

Mutants either sniping or psiing (another word I'd never had guessed would exist)

Humans leading the attack...(and probably dying :) )

• 2 weeks later...

While they are not really something that'll make you wet your pants, never underestimate your enemy, even the weak ones. General understimation's bad for your health, or so I'm told.

There are occasions where you are not in such a position to do so, such as one of your soldiers briefly got cut off from the rest, say by a wall for example, and you only just noticed the brainsucker as it latched onto the soldier's head. Now then you're in a bit of a fix. Even if they are in the same area, you might not be able to shoot the brainsucker off in time.

Of course, in situations such as this, an AP grenade or an autocannon with HE shells really come in handy. But that is not always the case (i.e. when you run out or forget to rearm your soldiers). Even if you do have them, waiting for the explosive to detonate and blow off the brainsucker (or hit something solid in the auto cannon's case)could just be a fraction of a second too long, and that fraction is usually far too much.

With androids, you can safely have them separate from the rest of the team and go off on their lonesome to do some special activity or other, whereas sending off a lone human or hybrid -- without a teleporter or light explosives -- is suicide if brainsuckers are around. Really, the androids get all the mucky jobs.

But if all else fails, endeavour to play the mission with all your soldiers crawling. None of the brainsuckers can harm you when you're crawling. They just knock themselves silly and pass out. What silly buggers. :power: Just watch out that you're not kneeling when you're turning around though. The brainsuckers can get you while you're kneeling.

- NKF