We've Got Company!

Thorondor

Company of Heroes 2

Guess who's joining us next year... That's right, Company of Heroes 2, the long anticipated sequel to the much praised original will be officially revealed in the June issue of the PC Gamer magazine.

Set to take us to the eastern front in 1941, this new entry in the series will have us in charge of the mighty soviet army. There are a number of scans here as evidence of this.

It's not one step back towards a 2013 release!

Agreed, SG1. While the story of DoW 1 was fairly generic (in my opinion), the skirmishes could be fantastic meatgrinders that eat up hours at a time. Never tried playing it online, though.

As for CoH, I had a lot of fun with it despite it being yet another WWII game. I never tried the expansions (expandalones?), so my thoughts are based purely on the core game of Third Reich vs USA. Looking forward to more info on the sequel.

Finally. I hope they will not screw up with balance this time. Though I hope it will be something imaginary. There was much talk about Operation Sealion on the forums.

So I guess the basic version will offer 2 nations. Wehrmacht and Soviet Union... I wonder how they are going to implement US and Brits - prolly just for multi.

I'll love you Thor for this great news. Though if THQ is on the verge of being not existant - who will take over Relic ?

I'll love you Thor for this great news. Though if THQ is on the verge of being not existant - who will take over Relic ?

Aw, shucks! blush.png

::

I liked the original a great deal myself, and I expect there will be absolutely no shortage of people wanting to be involved with a golden egg sequel like this. :cool:

• 1 month later...