Up Close And Personal

Thorondor

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog

With a full team now behind it, Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is looking to part the mists. Having a rich history as a series to draw from and the advantage of full ownership, Slitherine and Matrix Games are setting out to make some bold advancements.

Focusing on infantry tactics and designed largely around the interactions of infantry with other units it shall be featuring persistent units and casualties, largely in the vein of Close Combat 5 in this respect.

Expect to see enhanced air and artillery support, usable in both the tactical and strategic sections of this offering, and, evidently, fog of war as well.

Director of Development Iain McNeil spoke to us about the much improved strategic layer of the game, mentioning a grand campaign composed of 35 linked battles, the availability of single scenarios, operations, the Mortagne offensive and integrated multiplayer.

While release will take place only on the 4th Quarter of 2012, the push for 32-bit graphics is very real and our close-up recon work yielded some fresh screenshots for your fuller briefing.

I must admit disappointment that Panzers in the Fog is not a sequel to Gorillas in the Mist.

I nearly wet myself.

And hi Owen - oddly enough I was browsing around Pocket Tactics whilst you were posting this smile.png

I'm definitely going to invest in an Android tablet at some point if BA is to be released on that platform. There's something apart from money preventing me from getting an iPad (mostly money but also a little disgust at myself that I would then own the phone and the tablet from Apple whereas I really want something Android).

I own BA and PC, but I know I'm going to end up with a tablet with them on. It's silly in one respect, but everyone who thinks that is sat there with nothing to do while I play TB games on my tablet. Idiots.

Indeed. But promise me you'll invest in a PC first?

(My fat fingers just typed "incest" first before "invest" - don't do that as it's frowned upon depending on your geographical region).

I nearly wet myself.

And hi Owen - oddly enough I was browsing around Pocket Tactics whilst you were posting this smile.png

I'm definitely going to invest in an Android tablet at some point if BA is to be released on that platform. There's something apart from money preventing me from getting an iPad (mostly money but also a little disgust at myself that I would then own the phone and the tablet from Apple whereas I really want something Android).

Well cheers, good sir. I was telling Thorondor today how much time I used to spend 'round these parts when Silent Storm was new. Best to leave that forums account in the past now that I am a respectable web proprietor and whatnot.

If I can be so presumptuous as to recommend an Android tablet: I was lucky enough to nab an HP Touchpad at a knockdown price when the fire sale was on. You can get them secondhand fairly cheap on Amazon, and they're pretty good once you've exorcised the WebOS and installed CyanogenMod. I've also heard good things about the new Transformer Prime.

I've got my eye on the Transformer Prime, but have yet to get my grubby mitts on one.

I'm actually holding off and waiting to see what, if anything, emerges when Windows 8 is released. I had a play with an early beta on a laptop and it wasn't the best to say the least, but if developers can get their heads around developing for Windows 8 on the PC/Laptop and Windows 8 on tablet (two very different beasts coding wise from what I understand but it might well be easier for games that don't require too much poke?) then maybe I'll only have to buy games once, and that would be looovely.

Christ, I just Googled "HP Touchpad" and the internet practically shouted at me in Italian.

I'll try to find one when I'm home.

But promise me you'll invest in a PC first?

I'm genuinely not sure the hamster can be evicted at this point.

@owen magnetic:

I was telling Thorondor today how much time I used to spend 'round these parts when Silent Storm was new.

Pardon me, Sir, but I do not recollect any conversation.

Kindly explain yourself or we will have words...

::

As for you lot: whose bright idea was it to call Yosemite Sam again? tongue.png

You forgot that Yanks flute song during civil war in the background tongue.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HOc9WVZbts

/engages in a game of Crossfire while it plays, as is the custom in the USA

In case you don't know what Crossfire is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Pardon me, Sir, but I do not recollect any conversation.

Kindly explain yourself or we will have words...

I suspect owen_magnetic has mistaken you for me, thanks to your sterling work on the forums, polished English, impeccable manners, and beautiful yet manly musk.

I suspect owen_magnetic has mistaken you for me, thanks to your sterling work on the forums, polished English, impeccable manners, and beautiful yet manly musk.

Hmm. I suppose I shall take that as a compliment, then.

*blasted illegal aliens; can't even tell a face apart from another...*

tongue.png

::

I fort that was me you was talking' about guv'na!

*picks nose*

I say, do I detect a certain recrudescence in Pete's condition? Dear me...