X-COM The Movie Released!

Pete

pocthesaint aka The Saint has released his team's epic cinematic experience on an unsuspecting public. Like a terror attack in the dead of night, he brings you X-COM The Movie!

A valiant effort to capture the spirit of X-COM has been made and this 50-odd minute documentary/mockumentary/concept/pre-visualisation/really-cool-thing is the result.

Anywho, if you're on broadband or are a very patient 56k'er, head to the above link to check it out on one of the links in the above thread as it's well worth it for the amusement factor alone :D

Again, hats off to The Saint and his fine crew for their wonderful effects-laden masterpiece.

thanks for the front page love once again pete!!!

heres a link to all the movies and how to dload them

https://www.whoisjohnnebthos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=400

also I've noticed on the bit-torrent trackers that there's still people trying to dload... But theres no seeds... So if some of you peeps who have everything downloaded primarily the 700 meg version of "This is X-COM" Please open up your bit-torrent and start seeding again...

Thanks again to X-COM Communities for all your support!!!

-SAINT

Forgive my ignorance, chaps, but how did the movie/trailers come about?

What's the story behind them, and how do you plan your storyboards, etc?

Just wondering if perhaps you would be open to comment or external influences? :-)

Cheers chaps,

Detonate

...suddenly yearning deeply for an X-COM fix.

(incidentally, I occasionally pester Dave into the idea of an X-COM graphic novel, but so far no luck....)

Bloody hell its Detonate! Give me a shout mate if you want me to post you this stuff (cant remember if you have broadband etc).

There is no movie as such, the guys gave it a go before realising how mental it would be to do, and 2 years later made this mockumentary about their efforts. I've only flicked through it so far but I've been impressed, looks like a lot of work went into it.

If you guys can please hold off on sending this thing around the world in 80 days and such =]

I shall let you in on a wonderful little something, something... =]

Im working on getting the liencses for the music and the X-COM name itself so we can release a "This is X-COM" DVD with all the trailers, teaser, improved and higher quaility version of the documentary with deleted scenes and MORE buffoonery... And Commentary too boot =]

So just keep your pants on... Were working on it =]

Because this would be a far far better thing to have than just a CD with the documentary on it... Plus it puts a little cash in our pocket for our insane amount of work we put into this.... =]

I'll keep you well posted on the progress...

Much love

-SAINT

PS: Were well over 700 dloads of the 700 meg version =] W00T!

• 1 year later...
Interesting - what stage are you at in attempting to use these properties? Do you have an ongoing dialogue with anyone who currently has a say in the use of the properties?

I know this topic is old and all is there anyway to get it if your firewall owned by a campus is turned off to download these movies? I can get some p2p clients working but torrents are completely blocked.

Please, don't ask the same question in two different threads. One is enough.

It's been over a year since the release of the documentory (which is about an X-Com movie that was never made, not the actual game itself).

It doesn't seem the torrents are active now. No, I can't seed for you, because I didn't have enough net access at the time to download the files, either.

Saint noted that the same filenames were available on Kazaa, but I'm not sure if those peer networks are operational at this time (let alone the files you're looking for).

A web server was created, however, it's no longer available. The best place to ask about it is here:

https://www.whoisjohnnebthos.com

• 9 months later...

Check a few posts up. BB provides a link. I haven't been able to access the movies part, and the site itself seems to have undergone major changes since the last time I visited it. No graphics anymore and all that's left is a few links at the bottom. :)

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys... this is definately a necro post... but it is worth while to post this here...

In 2004 we attempted X-COM the movie... and we failed... we made a mockmentary that was horrible, mind you... that basically just made fun of ourselves for attempting the film...

Also... due the huge popularity of "This is X-COM"... We were offically asked to remove the "X-COM trailer" and "This is X-COM" from our hosting server... because it was literally CRASHING THE SERVERS from so many hits... hahaha!

but anyways...

JNP is all grown up now...

and were getting our crap together...

So... yup... were going to give it another try here in a few years...

join the forum for more updates...

www.thejnp.com/newforum

https://www.whoisjohnnebthos.com/jnpspam/xcom.jpg