Any way to dismantle a base?

crazedc

If either the entry point for the ground vehicles is destroyed or you fail to defend the base from an attack you will loose it. However I advise against it unless it's one of those slum buildings that collapse by just sneezing on them because once lost, you can't rebuy them. If the reason for this is that you have to send your intercepting vehicles from too far away there is a better option: you can simply send your intercepting vehicles into structures that are closest to the dimensional gates, try to put no more air vehicles in a building than it has launchpads (not sure what to really call them) moving other vehicles to alternative buildings, you will reduce intercept time and the risk of having multiple vehicles getting destroyed by the same collapsing building. Transtellar's starport is one of my favourite vehicle "hangouts".

I also use this same technique in order to get organizations other than the Cult of Sirius to stop liking the aliens since their buildings tend to get hit by the aliens when your craft take off.

I also use this same technique in order to get organizations other than the Cult of Sirius to stop liking the aliens since their buildings tend to get hit by the aliens when your craft take off.

You know, I'd completely forgotten about the joys of collateral damage in Apoc. Evidently I need to play it again ;)

They work, sort of. Unless someone knows the mechanics better, I think they affect the turning speed of missiles a little. I've seen missiles fly around in circles around a ship with the evasion matrix. The ship was stationary, so something threw the missiles off course.

What I'd really like to know is if it only affects the ship with it, or if it's an area-effect utility, If it just affects the ship armed with it, then you're better off with an extra disrupter shield. If it is affects an area, then it would be definitely worth bringing at least one in your fleet.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...