Wanting a new wargame to try.

Jh316

Trying to find out if there's anything out there I've missed. I'm a big fan of older games like Steel Panthers and Panzer General. More modern stuff like Men of War and World in Conflict are what I've been playing lately. Been wanting to play Combat Mission again, but it won't work with my video card. I've kind of burned out on Mount and Blade. I'm really interested in Wargame: European Escalation, but have heard mixed opinions on it. And then of course there's the grand strategy stuff like Hearts of Iron.

I'm wanting something I haven't played. Tank battles are definitely nice, with good damage modeling, but other time periods could be good. Kinda tired of world war 2 though, wish there was more cold war stuff out there. Anyone have any ideas? Achtung Panzer looks neat, but again, kinda burned out on world war 2.

European Escalation has good reviews from what I've seen. It also has a fair amount of positive fan opinion behind it. Not tried it myself.

If you want a great strategy game (as opposed to pure war) then Solium Infernum is quite simply one of the best of the last five years, if not the best.

DEFCON is the best depiction of nuclear war I've played, and it's cheap as well.

AI Wars is a fascinating look at RTS by way of 4X gameplay.

Once you're over WW2 burn out, try Battle Academy.