XcomUtil via Boxer on Mac?

Oathbreaker

How far have you gotten, exactly?

The website suggests that all you need to do is run Boxer, then drag the game folder into the Boxer window. Hopefully, it'll then ask you what program file it should run.

First you need to tell it to use "XcuSetup.bat", then after running that one time, from then on you use "RunXcom.bat".

My original problem was downloading the Xcomutil.exe.zip - instead of just the .zip. Fixed that, managed to start XcuSetup.bat but ran into more trouble, I believe due to having already gotten XCom up and running in Boxer:

Looks like XComUtil won't recognize the "Xcom Ufo Defense.boxer" file as the game. And when I put the XComUtil folder and "XcuSetup.bat" file in the XCom folder that Steam installed, it doesn't find it either.

Meh. I'm guessing that Boxer changed the name of the XCOM.exe file to "Xcom Ufo Defense.boxer" which means XComUtil can't find it, so I could try either a manual re-re-name or re-install from Steam fresh.

This is all turning out a bit more complicated than I had planned. In two weeks I'll be on a Windows laptop, hopefully that'll make things a bit easier.

UPDATE: Aaargh. I "deleted local content" via Steam thinking I'll just do a fresh install from Steam, then get XcomUtil working that way. Except *now* Steam decides to notice that I'm on a Mac and will no longer let me download the game files they already let me download once right after purchase. Waiting for Steam Support ...or wait 2 weeks to buy a Windows laptop.