Warlock: Master of the Arcane Preview

Thorondor

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..... Civ V should be flattered. EXTREMELY FLATTERED.

Oh, and another thing. The writing style for this article.... it really doesn't work. Lots of noise. Not much signal.

But I like Civ, so I might like this. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The writing style for this article.... it really doesn't work. Lots of noise. Not much signal.

It's nice to see someone trying something different. It may not be 100% successful, but how many writers do you know who are going beyond "This is the game, this is how it plays."? I can think of a handful, in an industry where there are thousands of people writing about games.

For my next article, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to use IGN's writing style, where everything is kept simple and is wrong at every possible opportunity, e.g. "Mass Effect 3 is an isometric puzzle game where you control Leon S. Kennedy, a one-man-band, as he goes to Spain in an attempt to stop the President's daughter from launching her entire nuclear arsenal using her army of highly skilled stunt drivers and time-travelling samurai."

Needless to say, 3/10.

It's nice to see someone trying something different. It may not be 100% successful, but how many writers do you know who are going beyond "This is the game, this is how it plays."? I can think of a handful, in an industry where there are thousands of people writing about games.

I couldn't agree more. Personally I love the article, it holds its artistic ground. It may not be a style usual for articles about video games, but I consider that a + instead of -.

Thanks for reading everyone! :what:

A shocking change of diet. I know, I know; don't know what got into me...

Next time, the real pièce de resistance: addled speech, shows of copy/paste withdrawal and 'have played' with plausible deniability.

::

I swear. :)

Was it Christopher Paolini who admitted he wrote those atrocious fantasy novels to some sort of rhyme scheme? Good Lord, man, have some pride.

I also remember he went about with a lute (mandolin?) to promote them. I'd cry, but I honestly don't know if it would be fear, hilarity, or sorrow.