Most cowardly funding nation?

talon

Which funding nation has the highest chance to sign a pact with the aliens

Feel free to think cowardly remarks about a country you do not like

I know Russia never gives up and never surrenders....... In soviet russia

Love the Russias

I've noticed in a couple of games Australia signs a pact but this might have to do with setup of xcom bases in europe and USA which are out of range of Australia.

I believe there are none. The country will sign pact if aliens do enough infiltration missions without your action. Also your score must be negative in that region. The most obvious is that aliens have a base there. But for example fail 2-3 terror missions in that region, don't do any ufo interceptions and surely they will sign pact with aliens. By fail I mean either not go there -1000 points or go and abort that should get round -500 to -700 points depending on number of civilians got killed.

Alien missions are sceduled by regions, not countries. Russia is both in Siberia and Europe. The developers probably forgot to decide which one should have been set.

What you, silencer, stated is inaccurate. An infiltration mission is always successful, entirely independent of X-COM score. You can see how it is in the Barracuda Lunch AAR. My barracudas ate every USO but pacts were done, though. If there is any option to count in to infiltrate, then it has got to be the funding score. Usually USA pays the best so USA is the most likely target, and by my experience, USA is in the first five countries signing a pact.

I believe I read on UFOpaedia.org that you have to prevent the UFO from reaching its target country to prevent the next stage of infiltration. Even allowing it to crash in the target region is still considered a success. And in the final stage, once the Battleship appears the pact has been accomplished.

What you say may be true. But do I have to prevent all infiltration UFOs of reaching target country? I am sure one or two of them (for example the first one, small scout) isn't enough because I have already tried that. Nevertheless, I know alien missions can be slowed down depending on which flight phase the scouts are intercepted. For example you shoot the small scout down from very high in 11th of May, the next scout, a medium scout may even come in the next month. So it may happen the writer of the article believed he defeated the entire mission because he didn't wait until June. Such things happen, you know.

I've read on UFOpaedia.org that if you can stop every infiltration scout from reaching its target country's soil, you can stop the entire mission. I can concur that this is close to the truth if not exactly correct, as I have played entire games, killing many scouts on infiltration missions, and never lost a country. But I think those may have been games with an easier difficulty than Superhuman. Maybe the number of scouts you have to successfully interdict increases with difficulty level?

Now this makes more sense. Now this is the point where the hacker would step in and identify the variables in the save files corresponding to log your interceptions of UFOs on infiltration missions. Fortunately I can test this on the PSX version because I have a save with eight bases and twenty or so Avengers. I won't promise anything but I will report the outcome in case I have tested.

• 1 month later...
I just lost my first funding nation : Russia. Will have to be faster in everything in order to cover more missions. I'm on April of the first year, I hope it's not too serious. ^^ I mostly pay everything with motion sensors, but I'm still a bit worried about the "Don't lose half your nations" thing.