Proper Ruling!

Pete

Crusader Kings II

Medieval Europe was brought to life again in Crusader Kings II, a game rich in family feuding and general intrigue as well as strategic depth on a grand scale. But what is one to do about that rather poor family resemblance, or your vexing lack of descendants, or even that less than regal coat of arms?

Enter the Ruler Designer DLC:

Customize your character your way. Tweak and change any aspect of the character or even create an all new character and dynasty to play with. Create your portrait, change the name and dynasty and even customize your coat of arms. Change traits and stats at will and decide the size of the immediate family. The game that lets you choose your goals will now let you choose your character.

To come out by royal decree come April 17th.

The review is pretty accurate I think, I only miss some kind of conclusion or summing up to support the rather low score. After 1.04c patch the game is still slow to load but stable and I haven't noticed any other bugs. For someone used to play TBSs the game is not difficult to comprehend in one testing playthrough (I played Premyslid 1166-1452), and still has enough advanced technics left to keep entertaining. So it would be 8/10 for me, but nevermind.

I'd rather see some combat related DLC, than 'sim' editor though. Maybe some pretty tactics screen during combat, to organize attack, retreat, reinforcements during battle, maybe even with some fancy unit graphics. But I guess it would take to much resources to do this, so not much hope here.

I only miss some kind of conclusion or summing up to support the rather low score.

I think the support of the score is the whole review. Speaking personally, if you've read the review you know (or should know, if the reviewer did their job, *cough*IGNorance*cough*) why the game got that particular score. I don't think 6/10 is particularly low, it's better than average but obviously you liked the game more.

I'd rather see some combat related DLC, than 'sim' editor though. Maybe some pretty tactics screen during combat, to organize attack, retreat, reinforcements during battle, maybe even with some fancy unit graphics. But I guess it would take to much resources to do this, so not much hope here.

I think they could do it fairly easily but it's just not what the game is aiming for. The whole approach seems to be aimed at a strategic view over a long period of time, where individual tactical battles are an irrelevance.