Kickstart something.

FullAuto

You perv. wink.png

Vigrior: Maneuver Warfare, inspired by Ender's Game.

Ling Xi looks interesting, a tablet-haunting graphic novel "With music and dialogue that you trigger. You don't read Líng Xì, you live with it. You move from panel to panel by interacting with the art."

Dr. McNinja - in case you fail to grasp the concept, he is a doctor and a ninja.

There was this interview with head guru in blizzard who stated that games are too cheap.

Well I guess that if Diablo or Starcraft would cost 100 or 200 USD/GBP/EUR number of buyers wouldn't be much lower that at current rate.

Ah, I see, you meant "Blizzard would disagree with you", ok.

Was just thinking... What happens when a game goes bust? It is not an if, it is a when. Just as the industry takes the risks, they are existent for crowd sourcing. I'm guessing the investors sadly lose money?

The current surge in kickstarting will definitely take a step back after a few busted projects. Still, it will most likely not be a complete degradation of the concept. Any thoughts?

They'd have had to be overly optimistic with the amount they were asking for or a bit inept if they go bust.

I know on Kickstarter if they don't get the requested amount by the end of the time period then investors get their money back, but you would hope that if they raise enough money that they'd be able to develop a game without interference from publishers (which seems to be the case for most of these and it's publishers that tend to screw things up if I may make a sweeping generalisation - Microprose, JoWood, Hasbro, Infogrames etc).

I guess past the point you e read the sales pitch and handed over your money it's in their hands. If you lose out its the same as any investment really, except that the majority of these fundraising efforts are relatively small donations so it's not the end of the world for most donators (I'd be horrified if I donated $10k and lost that, but the wife would be horrified that I a) had $10k and b) spent it on a game ;)).

He he he, explain how great of an investment that looked at the time, playing the predecessor twelve years ago and all. Oh, and children will have to work after elementary school, honey. Sorry about that.

I agree, it is an investment with all its risks, people should be aware of that. One has not bought a finished product. That will not stop me from investing small amounts in the future, but the 10k you were mentioning... I like my kidney. Both. ;)

@FA: lungs, too. hmm.gif