#1 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire

It's finally time to storm enemy positions for Team Assault - Baptism of Fire has been released, bringing us some dynamic turn-based tactical action.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Players will experience realistic combat, utilizing more than 20 Allied and Axis accurately-modeled weapons that take into consideration of weapon accuracy, penetration versus cover, recoil and encumbrance. Soldier's morale, cover, and using flanking maneuvers are just some of the factors players will have to keep an eye on.There's also word on custom squad creation to better fit your command style by means of a 'Force Builder', a map editor to concoct your own tactical scenarios and multiplayer with a ranking system to duly register your online service record.

Attached Thumbnails

• team_asslt_baptsm_fire_rls_bnr.jpg

#2 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Looks nice, but I guess that Company Of Heroes made pretty high bar to jump when it calls for military (specialy WW2) strategies. Also Men of war is keeping the high quality of combat strategies.

I watched the trailer and only saw infantry battles - I didn't see vehicle action, that would make more fun. Well I will think about buying it, but surely would be happy to see FA play it :argh:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 FullAuto

FullAuto

Catching the next pimpmobile outta here!

• Chief Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

From what I saw, it's going to have far more realism than most titles, accurate weapon ranges, penetration etc.

Erfworld - the finest comic about turn-based gaming ever.

#4 NoXTheRoXStaR

NoXTheRoXStaR

Wretched Aquanaut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

''Penetration''

:: giggles ::

#5 gunnergoz

gunnergoz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

IMHO it has been released with a few flaws or shortcomings.  Some common weapons (e.g. M-1 Carbine) missing, US Army ranks and icons messed up, no reaction fire that I can see, no entering buildings, no working vehicles or tanks, minimal documentation, etc.   All in all, less than it could have been.  Some things are patchable, others probably are not.  I'm surprised that Matrix picked it up in its present state.  A nice try but so far, no cigar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users