Firing accuracy rules or suggestions?

Grognard

Hey guys, making a similar game and trying to decide on how to calculate the accuracy for it.

So far I've kept it simple and tied it to what sort of attack and what sort of weapon. Results are reasonable but obviously I want to have more depth than that.

The thoughts I had when coming up with something better were much like what xcom has where I deviate the angle from the true angle and see what gets hit, but it seems a bit too random. I don't like in xcom how when you are close you basically never miss even though at very close range you would have trouble tracking the target.

How does it work in silent storm? Any better ideas than that?

I suggest enabling the console in silent storm, then taking a shot and having a look at the calculations behind the scenes. There's quite a bunch of factors.

Though at close range, smgs are very very deadly in silent storm, so you have many of the same troubles.

I suggest enabling the console in silent storm, then taking a shot and having a look at the calculations behind the scenes. There's quite a bunch of factors.

Though at close range, smgs are very very deadly in silent storm, so you have many of the same troubles.

I didn't realize they showed the calulations. Thanks.

And yeah I doubt I will just blindly use anyone's rule system I'm just trying to see what's out there first. All this time and work and I still haven't figured out a good way to calculate the most important calculation. The engine has collisions though so worst comes to worst I can just let the bullets whiz and see what gets hit.