Trapping the Bad Guys

RobN

While fooling around with lots of explosives I ended up making a big hole in the ground (well, in the one-high earth layer beneath a building, in fact). Before long the enemy soldiers were all trapped in the hole. This amused me greatly. Can anyone enlighten me with their thoughts on trapping the Bad Guys? Is it a favoured tactic?

my own troops often get stuck in the hole formed in the doorway of a mothership after they've blasted it again and again.

in case i ever get stuck in a hole, i usually keep a marsec flying armour torso piece on one of my agents, so he can throw it down to whoever's in the hole and they can simply fly right out.

i've never trapped aliens in holes, but when waging war on gangs, i do greatly enjoy shooting out the balconies on the buildings that they stand on. watch him fall! "aaaaaaaaaaaWHUMP"

oh yeah.... *disturbing level of satisfaction*

OMG I had the craziest mission. I was raiding Diablo, and I blew up the only stairway up. So I cleared out everybody on ground lvl, and I couldn't find the baddies. So I had to destroy EVERY single peice of builing that was supporting the structure. So after like 45 minutes I actually did it, and the building didn't even fall down! SO then I just randomly shot into the building for likr 5 more minutes, and then it all came down at once, it was pretty rad! Then I just started hearing a crap-load of screams, it was pretty funny.