I cannot heal anybody.

RobN

There is no way to increase yoru health in battle, the only use of a medi-kit is to treat critical wounds. When an agent has a red tear next to his life bar, he has a critical wound and will continute to lose health untill he dies. You can use the medi-kit to treat this wound. Do not issue a new order untill the agent has been treated, or the healign will fail. I never hire an agent if I don't have enough medi-kits

Welcome to the forums RobN :)

It's important to note that (unlike UFO and TFTD) the Agent which is wounded is the one who has to use the medikit.

If he has wounds there's a red tear in the area of the wound (like Asmodai said).

Ah, and if the agent is a robot don't bother with medikits...

Shhhh, that's speciesists talk that is! You don't want the Cybernetics Anti-Prejudice Society after you now would you?

Androids are valuable team members. While they don't have superhuman potential, they're at least the most level headed troops in the field.

Who said you can't heal androids anyway? I heal them all the time. Waste not want not.

Anyway, back on topic: Just being able to apply the medikit is not enough. In the Real Time combat mode, you must be standing still if you want it to work. That means, no walking/crawling and no flying. Moving when healing is activated will disable it.

Just wait till the affected returns to normal, then resume with your other injured limbs.

Note, you can use more than one medikit at a time if you have multiple critical wounds. This is a Good Thing™.

- NKF

Well pretty much if you just blitz and mission with psychic aliens, you can shoot them before that can take control or do other things to the agents. Once you get the cloaking feilds, then it's pretty much impossible for them to use their powers unless they are in LOS, and then they die!

Correct me if I'm wrong, NKF, but if you set them in motion and then activate the medikit, you can have them moving and being healed at the same time. I do this for agents who are so badly wounded that they aren't likely to survive another hit...just head 'em for one of those cool arrows that mean safety. :) You could also do it in an effort to be sure they're in good cover while they're healing.

You know, I often just make them leave the battle when they get critically wounded.

It's only when they either have a low-HP-loss-with-critical-wound situation or a good long-range weapon,

like a rocket launcher, that I use the Medikits. All of my agents have them, though.