Stormed and Raided

dauphinbienveillant

There's no significant difference in the grander scheme of things. It's the same thing, only described slightly different to break the monotony. They're still indicators to show that group X hates group Y's guts and have dealt them a minor blow.

Oh, you might want to toss in the one where the two organisations sign a treaty. It's absolute rubbish, since almost immediately afterwards they attack each other again, maybe this time an air attack if they're one of the gangs, which you HAVE to watch or at least wait out. Sometimes I feel like blowing their ships out of the sky myself...

It really gets annoying later in the game once the aliens are on the run and you have full control over the alien dimension after destroying their maintenance factory. Since the MegaPrimeans have nothing else to do, might as well start bickering with each other eh? Wish you could switch off politics altogether by then. Everyones attacking everyone. The schools are attacking Evonet, Nutrivend are attacking the cops. The government is attacking General motors for supporting Transtellar, who hate X-Com's guts for attacking their alien friends. Oh and the Cult of Sirius don't know whether to be friends with you or not after their temple was stomped flat by an Overspawn. It's ridiculous!

- NKF

I've never seen a building stormed actually... I agree it's annoying when they're attacked from the air though. What I do to solve that problem is first send my ships to destroy the building that launched the ships. Then wait for the ships to return and blow them up too.

Has anyone ever actually destroyed another organisation completely? I did it to The COS and regretted it immediately as I had nothing else to do...

Indeed, teh only reason a lot of you don't see all of the headlines quite so often, or rarely see an organisation launch an assault on another organisation (best one I had was the Police against the schools I think... weird!) is because you're probably playing it on an easier setting.

Try Superhuman, real-time. Stop the ba**ard Poppers then!

Oh yeah... I did last time I played it through last year. Why am I playing again? Because nobody's making a new X-COM game. That makes Pete sad :) :)