UnUsed Alien Background (Shark)

NoXTheRoXStaR

Awhile back there was a X-COM fansite called X-Command, I'm sure some of you old tymers remember it. The site is now closed. Anyway, I remembered there was a section dedicated to Deleted material from X-Com Games, (or something to that extent) I recall seeing a backdrop image of an alien that resembled a Shark or Sharkman but was removed by Mythos. Does anyone happen to have that image or know of where I might be able to locate it? Gimme some feed back mates! Cheers.

Ah XCommand - that's where I hail from. I think the deleted material has been saved and archived here somewhere, but now that I go to look for it, can't seem to find it.

I think the shark man was used in one of the early promos of the game, but was cut in the end.

- NKF

I think the deleted material has been saved and archived here somewhere, but now that I go to look for it, can't seem to find it.

I think the shark man was used in one of the early promos of the game, but was cut in the end.

Indeed, and here it is:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/gallery/XCOM16.png

::

We do keep a local copy thanks to Zombie's acquisition of a 1995 issue of PC Gamer as covered in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

https://web.archive.org/web/20080220222442/...com/index.shtml

I still use it for reference every now and then.

Other "aliens" that got cut were some variants of the Tentaculat zombies. There was a plan to have infected troopers retain their armour - they'd've looked about the same, but with zombie heads. The sprites made it into the final game but aren't used.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

iirc the Tasoth were originally planned very differently, so I read although ive no idea how.

Also is it only me that sees this or do tasoth in tactical missions take on a distinct masculine or feminine look (for a reptillian hell spawn at least) depending on how the fin crest faces?

And we do have those^ they are called lawyers:D