Units

The Demi-Godly One

What strategy do you use? Have a couple of units so thier max

at everything or have several units to swarm. I find the couple of units

lets you have millions of dollars(I have 4 million, 21st day) but the

other lets you be prepared for any situation 'cause you have tons

of people to carry stuff. Or do you just have a different startegy?

I have maximum units all the way through the game. That is maximum for my transport I have no reserves as Apocalypse is too easy to need them...

Although saying this I hardly ever used all of my men in a mission. And when I did it was just to find that last smegging alien hiding in the missile strewn warehouse by the recyclotorium... :) Or similar scenarios :)

I usually use 4 soldiers, since it's very manageable and if you're careful and know when to fall back when combat gets too intense, the battles should be easy enough to deal with. Usually only for regular terror sites or for cleaning up a few aliens that had spread out to nearby buildings.

Six soldiers is the most common, usually fitted into one group. But I sometimes like to split them into two teams of three so they can cover plenty of ground.

For bigger terror sites such as the really large one that takes two giant preset map blocks or crashed UFOs, twelve soldiers is normally sufficient.

Anything larger than that and managing the soldiers gets a little difficult in real-time combat. For me, at least.

Although I do like to go overkill on the last mission, and bring the full load of 36 soldiers armed to the hilt with devestators, toxiguns, dual plasma pistols, marsec heavy and mini launchers armed with anti-alien gas, dimension missiles, plasma swords, etc, etc, etc. The works.

- NKF

I should mention what I use, I use 3 soldiers all armed with a

autocannon, devestator cannon, 2 teleporters, cloaking field,

toxigun 'n ammo/2 stun grenades incindierary grenade AP grenade and a

marsec high explosive(I jacked their power to 250 to make them useful)

All 3 of my units have that... And it isn't just 3 on missions, thats all the

units I have at base and everything!(Not counting scientists and engineers)

Untill I got the Bio-Trans, I'd use 18 peepz on a Hawk. Once I got the Bio-Trans, I used 24. 3 of the groups all had toxi-guns, and i had 6 with devastator cannons. The best thing to do is have the toxi-guns protecting the flanks, and just have the Devastators force-fire into the UFO/door/passageway. Any aliens, whether cloaked or not, get nailed and die.

• 2 weeks later...

i usually use three squads of four men each, that way you can split up on civilian maps and can be sure there won't be any lone troops finding themselves outnumbered.

it's also great for assaulting crashed alien ships. just set 'em up outside the entrance on one knee and set to aim, wait for them to come out and blow the pants off anything that dares to venture out the door. ah ha ha ha puny aliens.