A nice Frozen Synapse game

Space Voyager

• 4 months later...

I won't tell you how I lost some games I really should not have, but I will tell you how I decided to go after The Man himself. You know, been playing the game for a loooong time, why not challenge the best? I'm only playing with the best of them (except when challenged), but rarely with the first on the global list. Aaaaanyway, I got lucky and his MG was practically given to me on a platter, but I managed to keep the pace and guess almost everything he did...

A lot of luck involved, but I have to give you something to get you back into the gem of a game. And I sure am not going to post me losing against a relative newcomer. I'm not saying this actually happened and or even on a multiple occasion, just sayin'. grin.gif

https://youtu.be/qlq1n9oi64o

Wonderhero shows me why he's no. 1. Damn, so close I could taste the victory, I had such a great plan, it was all falling into place... And then that DAMN MG. It was a bit more understandable after I saw the replay. From my quick look at the grenadiers I thought he didn't see my SG take another route, but they did see me. The grenadier only ducked for a moment to disrupt a possible MG attack. Sadly this was the moment I took a peek and thought my change of direction was unnoticed.

https://youtu.be/4ZWlc0Qnfgo

• 10 months later...

Ah, I see now that your guy was moving, too, so it must have been the angle. Bah, you got lucky with that second kill, my guy was almost behind the corner. Than again, almost never quite makes it... ;)

Anyway, I was definitely counting on your turtling too much. Very well played!

That impossible place in the second game is a matter of perception. The route you've taken was the most anticipated one. I usually try to go for something less obvious - sometimes even doing nothing, just adjusting the aim for a timed period or something. In this case I'd go north and fire a rocket to cover my arse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought Silencer was going for the elimination of my SW MG, as he was trapped between his vats. This was luckily not the case. Then the main problem was his MG with two windows in the S. It was a great position but my SW MG (left alive) was obviously giving him troubles as he had no info where it was.