285 replies to this topic

#21 Alienated

Alienated

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

I vote for action. The farm terrain at night isn't as bad as a desert terrain at night. You can camp in the farmhouses. That means close combat. A captured intact UFO nets you fine money, which is very healthy early in the game. If you wouldn't want to miss an UFO, then it is early in the game.

#22 Sgt. Strike

Sgt. Strike

Seeker of truth, and also to kick some alien butt!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Do the landed UFO, then the downed one. Keep us all alive, and with good weapons, and we can do both. This should add points AND money at the end of the month. The more we do, the more we go up in ranks, the more money available, the more, and better, equipment not just for us, but for the planes, etc.
When all else fails, CHEAT!!!

#23 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

S_geoscape_055.png
Yep, pussing out. Going to take it down and then go in during the day...

S_geoscape_056.png
And we wait....

S_geoscape_058.png
See you in hell, xenos!

S_geoscape_059.png
And our fighter craft returns to base.

S_geoscape_060.png
Yep, much smarter move really. We don't really NEED alien fuel just yet, best to play it safe. (Really! Everyone died twice in a row the other two times I tried it!)
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

#24 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

S_tactical_017.png
We land, the ramp drops, and what do we have? One of those little gray bastards is facing us with a plasma rifle! We can't even smoke up without taking incoming fire!

S_tactical_019.png
Luckily, Pete manages to blast him in his opening burst and we don't lose half the squad in the first seconds of battle!

S_tactical_021.png
We get all smoked out. Our initial wave disembarks. Thorondor crouches and sees an alien in front of our transport. He opens fire, 3 shots hit the landing gear, 1 misses wide, and 2 are dead on target!

S_tactical_023.png
Seconds later, a grey advances and Thorondor takes a plasma shot to the face! Pete advances and spots the bastard.

S_tactical_024.png
Silencer lays down the HE hurt on him!

S_tactical_025.png
We then start nuking anything that can be used as cover by the aliens. We take aim on this hedge.

S_tactical_026.png
Then this other hedge over here.

S_tactical_028.png
Fire against the side of the craft tryin' to rattle'em.

S_tactical_029.png
And finally fire into this field. Unfortunately, nothing dies in the carnage!

S_tactical_030.png
Pete scouts ahead trying to spot some aliens.

S_tactical_031.png
He sees one advancing. Luckily he isn't seen in return.

S_tactical_032.png
Meanwhile, SV spots an alien that has just left the UFO. He opens up and kills on his first shot before the alien can respond!

S_tactical_033.png
Pete advances one pace and is cut down by an alien to his left. Jman fires attempting to destroy the hedge the alien is hiding behind but fails.

S_tactical_034.png
Time for a nice explosion!

S_tactical_035.png
SV throws'er in! Time to roast some sectoids!

S_tactical_037.png
Silencer on the other hand, is preoccupied with killing the alien that is in this shed.

S_tactical_038.png
Both attempts however...fail. Jman takes a shot from the alien that wasn't killed by SV's det-pak.

S_tactical_039.png
But, we manage to spot his ass and SV lays down a barrage of laser fire. Meanwhile, Silencer finally manages to kill that other alien.

S_tactical_040.png
We manage to get access to the saucer. Bomb Bloke steps up to the door, and targets the aliens that SV just IDed and didn't have the firepower to deal with.

S_tactical_041.png
BOOM! Both of them dead.

S_tactical_042.png
While the other two squadmates clear the UFO, Silencer covers their asses.

S_tactical_044.png
Seems someone was knocked out and decided to wake up. Bye bye!

S_geoscape_061.png
Costly, but we got a decent score.

S_geoscape_062.png
Silencer is a Captain now, and BB and SV are Sergeants!
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

#25 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

S_geoscape_063.png S_geoscape_064.png S_geoscape_065.png
Thorondor, Jman and Pete are all cloned. Jman and Pete are very bad copies. Thorondor on the other hand only needs the ability to throw things and he's all set. Easy peasy.

S_geoscape_066.png
We manage to convince some rather unscrupulous types that they really need to buy our plasma weapons (or else). We rake in 1.2mill!

S_geoscape_067.png
We buy more expendibles for our unit.

S_geoscape_070.png
And our radar and hangars are finally done after nearly a month in construction. This should allow us to actually see more than a few feet from the base!

S_geoscape_072.png
Our base is coming along nicely. Only thing lacking is alien containment and the funds to hire on a ton of scientists and engineers!

S_geoscape_071.png
$#@%! Can we even get there from the Saudi desert?

#26 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Just a note - you can smoke even if alien is facing you - just don't throw the nade but drop it through inventory screen :P - but also better to nuke him too just in case.

Thorondor takes a plasma shot to the face!

Whenever I heard this fraze xxxx takes a shot to the face makes me laugh hard - I guess I have heard this too many times watching let's play of certain person on YT.

Silencer is a Captain now

Attention you sorry lot. I am in charge here now :D Now I need to sit back in the interceptor :clapping:

$#@%! Can we even get there from the Saudi desert?

Looks like skyranger time.... Wonder only if sectoids or floaters - if sectoids I think we will have to flee
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostJman4117, on 23rd January 2012, 11:02am, said:

Silencer is a Captain now, and BB and SV are Sergeants!
:clapping:

ALL RIGHT! Again, I'm a lucky bastard.

#28 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,641 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

You see? Even the aliens know I'm a genuinely high-valued target.

I really like my hot new bod too. :P

::

Now I just have to get me some plasma-free cigars... and I'm ready to light some fuses, Sir! :clapping:

#29 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

S_geoscape_074.png
Listen up ladies. We're now descending on Bogota. There are reports of massive civilian casualties over the past 6 hours. Look sharp out there. DON'T SCREW UP.

S_tactical_045.png
We land and we deploy smoke. Soon, some purple floating thing wobbles into view.

S_tactical_046.png
Pete throws out a det-pak to hopefully kill this new type of alien.

S_tactical_047.png
The alien is completely wiped out, only his weapon remains on the ground. Another one comes into view. He turns and tries to throw a grenade into our transport!

S_tactical_048.png
Luckily the grenade bounces off the side of the ship and falls to the ground. The floating bastard is taken out by his own grenade!

S_tactical_049.png
Thorondor steps off the ramp. He crumbles to the ground as a burst of plasma fire hits him in the chest.

S_tactical_050.png
Pete comes out and fires on the alien!....and misses..

S_tactical_052.png
Silencer steps out and fires his autocannon on the alien, dropping it to the ground, the remaining rounds destroy someone's lawn.

S_tactical_053.png
Silencer then takes 2 steps out from the ship and spots an alien with some new gun we haven't seen before. He calls back for Pete to open up on him.

S_tactical_055.png
Our squad has fully disembarked.

S_tactical_058.png
A grenade flies in. Pete is killed in the blast. Rookie Strike IDs an alien next to a store. BB fires off a rocket and kills it.

S_tactical_059.png
He also IDs the bastard that threw the grenade. SV snipes him with a laser blast!

S_tactical_061.png
Strike IDs another alien. BB fires off another rocket and hit it, and another alien right behind him is taken out in the blast!

S_tactical_063.png
Over the next several minutes our troops move for cover. On the way, Silencer spots some animal thing and fires! One shot connects but the beast remains upright.

S_tactical_064.png
BB's rocket hits the side of the warehouse and it falls to the ground dead.

S_tactical_065.png
Our duo runs into the warehouse takes cover.

S_tactical_066.png
They sneak through the building, Silencer reaches the other side and sees an alien standing next to a gas pump.

S_tactical_067.png
The first shot hits, but the alien doesn't drop. An alien on the other side of the pump is killed.

S_tactical_068.png
The second also connects and the alien falls dead.

S_tactical_069.png
A THIRD alien comes into the area and throws a grenade at the side of the building.

S_tactical_071.png
This blows out the wall and allows BB to see the alien. He draws his laser pistol and opens fire!

S_tactical_072.png
Silencer advances in the other direction to clear this house. He spots an alien outside and opens fire.

S_geoscape_075.png
Well, we stopped the alien terror. Only issue is that every civilian was slaughtered before we could secure the area. In total 13 aliens are killed, with 2 of our troops killed.

#30 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

S_geoscape_076.png
A third Thorondor crawls from the cloning vat. 2 missions, 2 deaths...WAY TO GO!

S_geoscape_077.png
And another crappy Pete clone emerges.

S_geoscape_078.png
More backroom deals lead to an increase in our funds!

S_geoscape_079.png S_geoscape_080.png S_geoscape_081.png
With all this new money floating around, it's time to open up a new front in the war. We're putting this one in a Miami slum. Only costs 800,000!

S_geoscape_082.png
We should be up and running here in about 26 days. We'll then be able to move our second interceptor over here and cover the Americas.

S_geoscape_083.png
Well, we're positive this month, and Russia is even giving us a raise!

S_geoscape_084.png
We need more soldiers since we've been getting our asses kicked regularly. We also up our scientists and engineers to 40.

S_geoscape_085.png
A UFO shows up right after our funding report!

S_geoscape_086.png
And our interceptor loses it...

S_geoscape_087.png
And we find it again!

S_geoscape_088.png
We shoot it down in southern Africa. Time to call in the transport!

#31 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Thorondor steps off the ramp. He crumbles to the ground as a burst of plasma fire hits him in the chest.
Pete comes out and fires on the alien!....and misses..
Silencer steps out and fires his autocannon on the alien, dropping it to the ground, the remaining rounds destroy someone's lawn.

Tough luck Thor :clapping: Do I have to do everything myself :P

A third Thorondor crawls from the cloning vat. 2 missions, 2 deaths...WAY TO GO!

This begins to remind me of Barry clones of certain LP guy who did UFO twice :D

Hell it is so interesting that I will bit the dust very shamefully... Please be cautious  man ;)

Looking at my avatar progress I should be nearing 80 acc points... Nice score for Auto Cannon maniac.

#32 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm being very careful with you and BB, I think your acc is something like 76, and you have about 50 strength. SV has crappy stats, and I'm using him somewhat recklessly at times. But he has EXTREME luck for some reason. He's taken plasma hits, sniped several aliens from beyond visual range with a laser pistol and even held out for about 10 turns all alone in a night mission dropping about 5 sectoids. I have no idea how he's doing it, but he is.

#33 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

oookay. got the current stats of the soldiers with combat exp:

S_geoscape_089.png S_geoscape_090.png S_geoscape_091.png

Silencer is super soldier material. High reactions and bravery, which are the hardest things to level if you don't have them to begin with. With luck he'll have good psi and will actually survive for the duration.

BB is going to end up in a sniping role since his reactions aren't really high enough to level easily, but that firing accuracy is starting to get up there with all that rocket work and a whopping 9 kills.

And Mr. Luck himself. He started with about 40 reactions and he's somehow managed to get enough shots off to get to 43. Reasonable accuracy and strength. He's probably going to be the squad leader at the American base, and will carry a rocket launcher eventually.

#34 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostJman4117, on 24th January 2012, 6:24am, said:

Silencer is super soldier material. High reactions and bravery, which are the hardest things to level if you don't have them to begin with. With luck he'll have good psi and will actually survive for the duration.

With Murphy's law of X-Com - any super soldier from start is psi weakling at the end.

#35 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Bwahah, nearly up to double digits!  :clapping:
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#36 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostJman4117, on 24th January 2012, 1:31am, said:

I'm being very careful with you and BB, I think your acc is something like 76, and you have about 50 strength. SV has crappy stats, and I'm using him somewhat recklessly at times. But he has EXTREME luck for some reason. He's taken plasma hits, sniped several aliens from beyond visual range with a laser pistol and even held out for about 10 turns all alone in a night mission dropping about 5 sectoids. I have no idea how he's doing it, but he is.
What can I say... :P

Ehm, could you stop counting on this luck thing and keep me out of trouble, please? It runs out eventually. Now that I think about it, your game is probably the cause I still haven't won the loto.  :clapping:

:D

#37 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

Let's just sit back in base and hope that aliens die from lonelyness

#38 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,641 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hey, Pete, is it just me or are the guys really getting all bent out of shape and wrinkly? :P

::

Man, I feel like a million bucks! :clapping: *lights oversized cigar*

#39 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

S_geoscape_092.png
Fasten your seatbelts, ladies. We're going in!

S_tactical_074.png
We land, we see nothing. It's quiet...a little TOO quiet. Jman, BB and Thorondor disembark.

S_tactical_075.png
We hear a door open over here. BB, fire one in!

S_tactical_077.png
We rake the building with gunfire. Nothing dies...

S_tactical_078.png
Over here with a rocket as well...NOTHING...

S_tactical_079.png
Strike steps out and spots some wreckage. He opens up with his laser pistol from range to clear out the area.

S_tactical_081.png
We can hear them moving, see where they have been, but we have YET to see anything.

S_tactical_082.png
Mr. Bloke...AGAIN.

S_tactical_083.png
Thorondor stealthily sneaks down to the UFO and examines the wreckage.

S_tactical_085.png
Jman and Strike take point going into the blown out farmhouse..still nothing..

S_tactical_086.png
OH HELL..

S_tactical_087.png
Thorondor finds himself face to face with two sectoids. Unable to run without getting shot in the back he opens fire and prays that anything still standing through his barrage misses him!

S_tactical_088.png
The alien in the farmhouse unfortunately doesn't..

S_tactical_089.png
Meanwhile Jman and Silencer sneak up on that alien that was nice enough to leave us a trail of open doors.

S_tactical_090.png
Silencer's shot grounds out a few feet in front of the alien. He doesn't turn and return fire.

S_tactical_091.png
The alien starts to flee. Jman persues it.

S_tactical_092.png
Silencer squeezes off a 3 round burst and drops him.

S_tactical_093.png
Now we only have that alien that shot Thorondor to deal with. Heavy fire from our squad has taken out part of the building as we fire blindly.

S_tactical_094.png
The alien comes up into view. Strike shoots at it with reaction fire and missed. The alien attempts to throw a grenade and fails, killing himself in the blast.

S_geoscape_093.png
All in all a decent mission. There would have been 8 aliens here, but 5 of them were killed in the crash.

S_geoscape_094.png
Doesn't mean we don't get to sell their weapons though!

#40 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

S_geoscape_095.png
This clone is in such high demand that I'm tempted to just clone about 6 of them and be done with it.....

S_geoscape_096.png
More awesome arrives.

S_geoscape_097.png
Our peeps arrive.

S_geoscape_098.png
And we're hiring even more since we have the funds.

S_geoscape_099.png
Now to come up with something useful to make with this stuff.

S_geoscape_100.png
Tech guys think they can make some armor with it. Maybe this will keep Thorondor alive for more than one mission.

S_geoscape_103.png
Much better than the kevlar and ceramic plate that is sewn into out standard issue combat uniforms!

S_geoscape_104.png
Jman was freaking out in the storage room wanting to play it it, so we're going to research it and let him play with it. Hopefully nobody gets hurt...

S_geoscape_105.png
We order our engineers to produce enough armor to outfit a squad for field trials.

S_geoscape_107.png
Everyone on the transport gets one. No exceptions!

S_geoscape_108.png
Jman suddenly barges in and steals the weapon stashing it in the back of the transport.

S_geoscape_109.png
Idiot doesn't understand it needs the ammo researched first though!

S_geoscape_110.png
And he steals those too.

S_geoscape_111.png
While all this research was taking place, our engineers have been busy building med-kits!

S_geoscape_112.png
Finally, our hangar is ready!

S_geoscape_114.png
Our other fighter is shipped over to the states. Soon we can make another strike team for that part of the world.

S_geoscape_115.png
But first....TERROR IN PRETORIA

S_geoscape_116.png
We're going to be bringing in more heavy weaponry this time. Anyone strong enough to carry one, gets one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AAR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users