Firaxis remaking XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Kernel

• 1 month later...

What as in more DLC or more patching? The teleporting issue isn't as bad as it was (well, I don't think so) but it seems to be something fundamental with the game mechanics to me. Always going to be a problem.

As for DLC - I get the impression that'll be more of an expansion rather than just more DLC.

Both I guess. Well the teleporting isn't that much of a problem - but when you load a game and aliens moved somewhere else that is a problem. Once on a battleship I've made a save/load and guess what - got Sectopod in a place where technically he was in my view sight but I had to move to spot him.

• 2 weeks later...
@Zombie: You really should consider finding a little room in your collection for these lovelies one day... wink.png

He needs a bigger house for that tongue.png

I have plenty of room, bring 'em on! biggrin.png

Cash on the other hand, is short. And let's face it, Jake isn't selling anytime soon. tongue.png

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...

https://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/b3/0f/b30f5b3621c64546152227390b9368e8.jpg

2K and Firaxis Games today announced that the upcoming iOS version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown will cost $19.99.

::

When the game launches on June 20, it will not come with the head-to-head multiplayer mode which will be added at a later date as a free update.

• 6 months later...

Well I've got to say - the Enemy Within add-on sure do increase the difficulty rating very much. Today I've finished I think the most dangerous mission in all x-com games I think.... although we can argue either this or any terror missions / colony attack / artifact sites in TFTD are even more dangerous.

Also the new maps are also good - no more fighting UFOs only in woodlands.

• 2 months later...
NKF - the EW is not standalone so you need to buy XCOM:EU. So usually if something has big additional contents they release "Complete Edition". My post was a little joke reference to the Tomb Raider: Definite Edition made specially for PS4 and Xbox One - which adds "new" features for the console versions which were already included in the PC version (except better textures and redesigned Lara model).