Firaxis remaking XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Kernel

Quick - somebody cut off Ze Yanks from the Internet tongue.png

pffft. I've a will of mythril, boy! I've yet to look at any of the reviews/previews/etc. I want an unsantized opinon when I start dying horribly because I STILL suck at XCom after all these years!

Quick - somebody cut off Ze Yanks from the Internet tongue.png

BTW, I hear there is a way to persuade Steam that you are an American and have XCOM unlocked NOW. You need to log in through some American server or something... I'm not too bothered by the delay, so I have not read the details.

BTW, I hear there is a way to persuade Steam that you are an American and have XCOM unlocked NOW. You need to log in through some American server or something... I'm not too bothered by the delay, so I have not read the details.

I don't fancy Steam then finding out and revoking access to my entire library if they didn't see the funny side though :(

Okay, so I finally rid myself of a long-standing distraction. I uninstalled Star Trek Online. It was affecting important things I was supposed to be doing and like most MMO's there's not much to do when you're at the top but wait for more content.

Now I have 2 days to get heaps of work out of the way before a most distracting weekend grin.gif

I don't fancy Steam then finding out and revoking access to my entire library if they didn't see the funny side though :(

It involves setting up a VPN to American based servers, various bits of software you can download to make the process easier. Supposed to be fairly common in Australia where people often have to wait much longer for release dates, or their government have banned games.

Rumour has it valve tend to turn a blind eye to it unless you are buying games cheaper by fooling steam into thinking you are based in a different territory. Personally like you I'm not taking the risk!

• 1 month later...
"I think Firaxis has done a great job," Julian Gollop told me. The legendary designer of X-Com and Laser Squad has recently settled jumped ship from Ubisoft to work solo on remaking his 1985 design Chaos from his bedroom in Bulgaria, but the new XCOM has taken a good chunk of his time. "The game is addictive and absorbing, not to mention quite challenging on the classic difficulty setting."

::

Eurogamer also caught up with Jake Solomon in this same article, here. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...