Story after Wargoth asteroide

Volvox

I'm playing this game for the first time. I just destroyed Wargoth asteroid and i was unsure what to do next, so i saved game and pressed Fast Forward. I skipped all missions just to check what will happen. Soon Reticulan warship crashed and i had to help them. I didn't want to do this mission so i skipped it waiting for research to complete. Soon reticulan mission was canceled and instead of just Game Over, there was rebelion on Laputa. My question is - is there a branch in story and what will be diffrent? :)

I'm playing this game for the first time. I just destroyed Wargoth asteroid and i was unsure what to do next, so i saved game and pressed Fast Forward. I skipped all missions just to check what will happen. Soon Reticulan warship crashed and i had to help them.

Yeah that's badly done. Some text should beware us we must wait for some weeks (like the countdown about E.T. coming down in the beginning of the game).

I didn't want to do this mission so i skipped it waiting for research to complete. Soon reticulan mission was canceled and instead of just Game Over, there was rebelion on Laputa. My question is - is there a branch in story and what will be diffrent? :(

Hey YOU will tell us! :) Usually the mission is mandatory.

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING! SPOILERS!

The game is divided into seven phases. The order of them is linear with no branch-offs, but there is one phase that is 'floating'.

The order of the phases is this one:

1. exploration - a few weeks of free roaming in the very begining.

2. cultists - self explanatory.

3. wargots - self explanatory. The most funny phase of the game that actually can never end :P

4. starship - activates right after you research wargot-cultist colaboration, making both your enemies exceptionally deadly.

5. starghosts - the first appearance of these on Earth. This uses its own timer and can trigger during wargot or starship phases. If you managed to get those before visiting the Wargot asteroid or even researching the ship - it means that you have prolongated 'wargot' phase for quite a long time and from now on you`ll need to act immidiatelly. Three enemies would ruin your game very quickly :D

6. reticulans - its where you are now. This one is triggered when you first receive notification of Reticulan Fleet.

7. the last phase. Activates after you get the idea of whats happening and how to put an end to it. This is triggered by a short monologue of your science girl who manages to put everything into one solid suggestion. You`ll be surprised and honestly even frustrated a bit after you learn the truth :clapping:

The only difference between saving the Rets and ignoring them is in different research topics. However the conclusions are the same and both situations with the Rets lead to the same end phase.

WARNING! SPOILERS!

2. cultists - self explanatory.

A timer bewares us about the end of this phase, counting down the coming of Wargots.
3. wargots - self explanatory. The most funny phase of the game that actually can never end :D

5. starghosts - the first appearance of these on Earth.

Tip: Bring energy weapons if you want to succeed the Sg missions, or you can learn the hard way by loosing the first one...

Unlike phase 2, there is no timer telling when would be the end of the phase, so the 1st time everyone believe there's a bug...

6. reticulans - its where you are now. This one is triggered when you first receive notification of Reticulan Fleet.

7. the last phase. Activates after you get the idea of whats happening and how to put an end to it. This is triggered by a short monologue of your science girl who manages to put everything into one solid suggestion. You`ll be surprised and honestly even frustrated a bit after you learn the truth :P

Yeah, but I however find the story pleasant. When mystery goes away, it needs an utterly good story to remove all the magic we could imagine instead.
The only difference between saving the Rets and ignoring them is in different research topics. However the conclusions are the same and both situations with the Rets lead to the same end phase.
Thanks for letting us know. :clapping:

Yes, thank you, Okim! I admit I wished there was more but couldn't make myself go through the game again to check it out.

Yes, thank you, Okim! I admit I wished there was more but couldn't make myself go through the game again to check it out.

I suppose that devs planned to make cultists to use advanced reticulan weapons if you lose that battle.