No sound effects on Win7


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 carmichael

new
carmichael

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

I got the game working on Win7 using this patch: http://www.johannes-...storm/?menuid=6

But now I have no sound effects - I only hear the music and voice overs. All weapons/explosions/etc are silent. Any ideas? I haven't seen anyone mention this problem. Running an ASUS Xonar DX card. Drivers all up to date.

#2 m10s

new
m10s

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Russia, Moscow

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

View Postcarmichael, on 27th December 2011, 6:53am, said:

I got the game working on Win7 using this patch: http://www.johannes-...storm/?menuid=6

But now I have no sound effects - I only hear the music and voice overs. All weapons/explosions/etc are silent. Any ideas? I haven't seen anyone mention this problem. Running an ASUS Xonar DX card. Drivers all up to date.

Pirate? :) If yes, looks like u are using russian nocd, it disables sounds ( voice, shots etc.). Here is sound.res file that you could place in res folder and sounds will return. And as I know in ENG game there no such a problem, thats why u couldn't find the answer here.
http://ifolder.ru/27887317
I will upload to megaupload soon.

#3 carmichael

new
carmichael

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

I am using a no cd crack but because that's required to get the game working on win7. I also have the sound.res file in my /res directory already.

Edit: Also I'm using the english version. One other weird thing - full burst mode on my SMG plays the sound effect just fine. Things like firing single shots or explosives don't play any sounds :)

#4 carmichael

new
carmichael

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

Just installed Sentinels and I get the same problem with sound :)

#5 carmichael

new
carmichael

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

and now I tried Hammer & Sickle (which I've never played before) same problem with sound :)

#6 carmichael

new
carmichael

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

Well I solved it. I tried a different sound card. It didn't work with my Asus Xonar DX but it does work with my onboard Realtek (crappy) sound card. I wonder why...

#7 Space Voyager

new
Space Voyager

    I've got my eye on you!

  • Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Slovenia

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

View Postcarmichael, on 31st December 2011, 4:17am, said:

Well I solved it. I tried a different sound card. It didn't work with my Asus Xonar DX but it does work with my onboard Realtek (crappy) sound card. I wonder why...
Ha, I wanted to tell you this solution myself but I knew you just needed time. Kidding, kidding!!!

Glad you solved the problem and told about it, it may help others as well.

Oh, and welcome to SC! Sorry, didn't notice that you were a new member before.

#8 yaniv

new
yaniv

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 31st December 2011, 5:29am, said:

Ha, I wanted to tell you this solution myself but I knew you just needed time. Kidding, kidding!!!

Glad you solved the problem and told about it, it may help others as well.

Oh, and welcome to SC! Sorry, didn't notice that you were a new member before.




hi ,

same problem here ... in game : hammer and sickle music works ... sound doesnt...

can anyone tell me what to do ? to fix it ?

he said to change sound card ? but how ?

its really bugs me :-)

#9 silencer_pl

new
silencer_pl

    Captain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Poland

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

He has two sound cards. Asus Xonar which is put n PCI-Express slot and second which all current motherboards have Realtek. If you have realtek disabled in bios then you have to enable it and in windows speaker system you must switch to it.

Currently most PC users don't use other sound devices but the integrated ones. I for example use old SB X-Fi Extreme music and I didn't have any problems with sounds in SS,SSS and H&S.


@charmichael  

Have you tried latest drivers? Also I take that Xonar wasn't created in mind of older games, but I might be mistaken.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 yaniv

new
yaniv

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 13th February 2012, 5:56am, said:

He has two sound cards. Asus Xonar which is put n PCI-Express slot and second which all current motherboards have Realtek. If you have realtek disabled in bios then you have to enable it and in windows speaker system you must switch to it.

Currently most PC users don't use other sound devices but the integrated ones. I for example use old SB X-Fi Extreme music and I didn't have any problems with sounds in SS,SSS and H&S.


@charmichael

Have you tried latest drivers? Also I take that Xonar wasn't created in mind of older games, but I might be mistaken.

first of all ...thank u ...

i uses as u say the integrated sound device on the motherboard ...
and doesnt have any other sound card ... what shold i do ?
do i need to change anything on bios ? or just download latest drivers ?

by the way , i do have silent storm , and sentinals , and its works fine with sound and everything...

so maybe there is other problem ?
can u send me the file sounds.res from the directory:  /run/res maybe it will work things out...


and agin thank u very much :-)

#11 silencer_pl

new
silencer_pl

    Captain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Poland

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Maybe try drivers but H&S is just modded SSS game. I don't have the games installed anymore.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 yaniv

new
yaniv

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 13th February 2012, 9:11pm, said:

Maybe try drivers but H&S is just modded SSS game. I don't have the games installed anymore.


hi ...


still doesnt working...



can anyone upload sounds.rec for h&s ?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users