Apocalypse organizations

jos

Quite simple: does anyone know from experience (testing) or investigating

the code what each organisations do?

I've read alot of guides that seem to guess ... but i'm wondering if anyone

has some conclusive knowledge.

I seems certain Mutant alliance and SELF don't supply mutants/androids

when hostile to XCOM, for example.

But what about sanctuary clinic, gravball league, lifetree etc?

There are a few organisations that produce equipment that will not supply them to you if hostile. The government, of course, provide funds.

As far as I can tell, most of the other organisations don't really provide any sort of benefit. The Gravball League is rumoured to provide you with more human agents, but there's not conclusive evidence to support or disprove this, as humans are almost guaranteed to always appear if there's enough room for agents to be hired.

Wish we had more assembler gurus working on Apocalypse like we've got on the other two titles.

- NKF

Well just read Ufopedia.

Megapol - police and weapons - if aliens will control them you will have trouble when intercepting ufos.

Marsec - Military grade equipement - you will be unable to buy the best human interceptors + some weapons and armor

Transtellar - The very frustrating organization - provides all the transports needed - very important to be friendly - high risk of becoming enemy as they control many houses, tubes, etc. If enemy - you won't be able to transfer good between bases, agents will have to travel on foot when hired.

Superdynamics - mostly engines and if I remember fuel - mostly neutral through the game

Grav ball league - more humans.

SELF - androids for hire

Mutant Alliance - Sectohumans for hire

Nanotech (or something like it) - for medkits only

Solemine - your source of Elerium-115. Required for Linder(?) and Lineage Plasma guns for your interceptors.

There are other manufacturers - for example guiding systems.

Diablo, Psykes, etc - slum gangs - will fight each other and Megapol generating a loss of points for city desctuction I think. Only Diablo is 'good' if you like Incendiary grenade.

Cult of Syrius - your local bad guys - think Aliens are gods.

Others are just fulfilling city needs - Sanctuary Clinic has hospitals, Lifetree provides food, there are moneymaking corporations like techocrats. If you are at bad side with them, you will encounter guards when doing Alien investigations (that applies to all organizations - even the goverment). Note that you can live without government. But it will be hard to make money - well untill you will have plenty of Devastators to sell.

I think that some corporations grand you better scientists/engineers - but that is my hunch.

There are a few organisations that produce equipment that will not supply them to you if hostile. The government, of course, provide funds.

As far as I can tell, most of the other organisations don't really provide any sort of benefit. The Gravball League is rumoured to provide you with more human agents, but there's not conclusive evidence to support or disprove this, as humans are almost guaranteed to always appear if there's enough room for agents to be hired.

Wish we had more assembler gurus working on Apocalypse like we've got on the other two titles.

- NKF

Yes, NKF seems to have a pretty convincing summary here. For so long myself and

my fellow apoc'ers were convinced, for example, that good relations with sanctuary clinic would

make your soldiers heal faster, that lifetree would provide faster training, and so on.

This is dissapointing news indeed. But after a few tests i believe NKF and silencer are correct.

most organisations do nothing at all.

And more than anything I also wish we had just one assembler guru interested in deciphering

apocalypse. It's easily the best squad-level strategy game i've ever played, and is so

much in need of some tweaks, such as making all the organisations provide important functions

to xcom ..... *dreams*

Oh well .....

I prefer it this way. Let's face it; not all the groups would be important to X-COM, but having them there anyway is more realistic. It also lets you "stretch your legs" a bit, in that you don't have to worry about keeping everyone happy all the time - in fact, you can't do this anyway, as only massive amounts of bribery allow you to achieve diplomatic bliss, and for a short time at that.

... I can only imagine what service a happy cult might provide.