Apocalypse MODDING expert questions

Trytols

Hi. Im a fan of Apocalypse since 1997 and I've some questions for veteran\modders.

GAME questions:

- Is there any MEGAPRIMUS MAP mod? I wanted to play SUPERHUMAN on a different City MAP!

- As long i know Overspawn CANT be taked ALIVE. (i used Apoc'd and let a dead overspawn as TechRequired for study him alive)

- As long i know Weak an Organization is useless, due they will always have the same items, buildings, veichles they have at game start. So "damage" a building is useless i think, any chance to GIVE A SENSE to a RAID? (not a MONEY advantage for XCOM but a DISADVANTAGE for RAIDED organization)

- How to let the RIGHT CLICK on MIND SHIELD point to proper UFOPAEDIA page? I know that exists in game, ive found it on Marsec buildings. I've used Apoc'd for give a PRICE of 4500$ on market. At least i gain money for him.

- Any chance to modify the OVERSPAWN UFOPAEDIA ENTRIES? Due both of them are "Autopsy" i want that the LIVE overspawn is not "autopsy" name. (With Apoc'd you can modify the name in research labs but not in ufopaedia).

- Any chance to let "Dimension Destabilisher" works? Looks like it dont make any damage. If possible, what to edit? In research tree wich should be his prerequisite Tech?

- Any chance to have the "Force Web" works in Tactical, with his FREEZE effect?

Some things I'VE DONE in my OWN MOD thanks to Apoc'd:

- Give RECICLOTORYUM TWO to EVONET in SUPERHUMAN level.

- Give the MIND SHIELD a price of 4500 $ due his rarity\power.

- Anthropods from DEMO version of the game. I love their Gray color.

- Psimorphs and Micronoid now are DROPPED from UFOs INTO BUILDINGS.

- Increase the "Apocalypse\Overspawn" alien Mission.

- Increase the UFO per WEEK growth in Alien Dimension.

- Increase Enemies stats.

HOUSE RULES FOR HAVE MORE FUN:

- NEVER LOAD A GAME.

- NEVER RAID neutral organizations with STUN GRAPPLE and get FREE ITEMS.

- NEVER use the WORKSHOP bug for "free item construction" or for GET FREE MONEY.

I'm no modder but I may be able to touch on a few questions:

- Map mods: I think there was a map editor back when Apocalypse was first released. However I don't think map editing was ever very popular for Apocalypse for some strange reason. You can swap the existing maps around by renaming the map files and just copying the maps into the difficulty levels you want.

- As far as I can tell, no one's been able to capture a live Overspawn, or if they have then they have no knowledge on how to replicate it or if it was just a glitch. I've only ever been able to get one by using XED to add one to containment.

- Mind shields are probably a topic that needs to have been 'researched' befoer their ufopaedia entry will show, otherwise they will point to the mind bender.

- The Dimension Destabiliser doesn't work as you would expect it to. No physical damage, but try giving someone 4 shields and get someone else to shoot the destabiliser at the shielded agent and see what happens.

- NKF

- Map mods: I think there was a map editor back when Apocalypse was first released. However I don't think map editing was ever very popular for Apocalypse for some strange reason. You can swap the existing maps around by renaming the map files and just copying the maps into the difficulty levels you want.

I knew about this, but as I understand, no "new" Megaprimus maps nowhere.

- As far as I can tell, no one's been able to capture a live Overspawn, or if they have then they have no knowledge on how to replicate it or if it was just a glitch. I've only ever been able to get one by using XED to add one to containment.

Indeed you must use apoc'd and let it use a dead one for study an alive one too. I think this is the way Mythos think it to be studied,.

- Mind shields are probably a topic that needs to have been 'researched' befoer their ufopaedia entry will show, otherwise they will point to the mind bender.

Mind shield cant be reserched due they are Marsec property. What you say is wrong. I dont think there's a way to show unused items in UFOpaedia.

- The Dimension Destabiliser doesn't work as you would expect it to. No physical damage, but try giving someone 4 shields and get someone else to shoot the destabiliser at the shielded agent and see what happens.

So it destroy shields? Nice! if it works i can use Apoc'd and let it be researched after shields technology and let be manufactured and used in game. I think btw there will not be an UFOpaedia entry show for it even after researched.

THX FOR REPLY!!! :(

Mind shield cant be reserched due they are Marsec property. What you say is wrong. I dont think there's a way to show unused items in UFOpaedia.

It was a long time ago since I last did it, but I believe XED had the option to complete research topics of many of the incomplete items so that they would appear in the Ufopaedia. Again, it has been a long time since I used Apoc'd, so I don't know if it lets you do the same.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...