It can't be done dammit!

Loonie

I have absolutely no idea of how to even start it. Usually at the beginning the aliens lauch a ton-a-ships against my base and the interceptors get blown up real quick whilst TRYING to defend it.

Furthermore I tried a 3:6 dogfight, the kind that would be possible on Veteran and lost without a single enemy downed. I've tried different stuff, like concentrating quickly on one UFO and then to the next also using missiles to distract the majority of the UFOs whilst we take out one of our targets and always the result is the same.

WHO THE HECK HAS ACTUALLY FINISHED THIS GAME ON SUPERHUMAN DAMMIT?!?

I'm really open to suggestions here when it comes to tactics and so forth. :dontgetit:

• 1 month later...
didnt have much problems on easy. i was happily taking 4 phantasms by my self and whatnot. was trying to do a normal game buti had xp at the time.... ran fine and all.... but when it came to attacking a pirate base or a jamming probe... i could see it on radar but it wasnt there on visual :\ oh well maybe it will be different in a new game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The hard part is surviving until you can research the good engines and weapons.

After that... here's some tips.

1) Despite it's lowly stats, the X-sidewinder missile has the hidden property that it's intangible.

That means the missiles are impossible to destroy by shots, other missiles, or explosions.

This makes them INSANE for destroying alien bases. Just aim your ship on the alien base on a high speed bombing run and unload EVERY missile as fast as you can mash the button. Then fly off and watch the explosion.

2) Use a Lightning with Graviton Pulse Drive, Tachyon Pulasars, the lightest armor and equipment.

At around max weapon range, the enemy ships will be forced to fly in a straight line to attempt keeping up with your craft. This will let you snipe them while flying backwards with near impunity.

3) I suck at dogfights. Can't even outfly the beginning alien craft on easy. On Superhuman, neither can you... BUT, what I CAN do is create uber craft designs and dastardly tactics... which might include sniping, ramming, tractor beams, X-side winders, temporary withdrawals... it's been a long time since I played this game, forgot details.

• 3 months later...

I'd be interested to hear some tractor beam tactics, I could never find a use for them. Other than gathering loot.

Despite all my ranting about wanting a real flight model, I suck at dogfighting with or without gravity. I never thought of that snipe idea back when Interceptor came out. I know it now 'cause I play EVE and primarily do that there. Still die alot though.

• 10 months later...