Ship config

Pyro

Hi All

I was just wondering what others equip there ships with later in the game my personal setting are: 2 Tracking Traser Cannons and

2 Techeon pulse cannons for missiles I think the side step missiles, special a tractor beam or a Techeon pulse cannon to disable ships. a repair system too.

So whats yours? :yingyang:

• 1 year later...

I use a Lightning with Graviton Pulse Drive, Tachyon Pulasars, the lightest armor and equipment.

At around max weapon range, the enemy ships will be forced to fly in a straight line to attempt keeping up with your craft. This will let you snipe them while flying backwards with near impunity.

Plus money from full salvage is good!

• 8 months later...

I fly an M-3 Super Avenger with twin phase cannons in the front, a tracking tracer cannon and a gatling laser in the back, two permeator torpedo launchers and two sidestep missiles launchers.

For equipment I have the best armor, shields, targeting, and engines.

As special equipment I have vector control thrusters(can't live without `em), damage control computer, and cloaking device (I only use it for jumping to hyperspace when I'm severely outgunned and out numbered - it allows me to escape safely.)

• 3 weeks later...

I fly an M-3 "Super Avenger" class strike fighter with VCTs, Damage Comp, and a Cloak. Weaponwise, I equip twin phase cannons and twin tracking tracer cannons. Missiles are usually a mix of permeator and sidesteps, with the sidesteps being replaced by fusion missiles if I'm going base-hunting.

Nova Bombs FTW, by the way. :lovetammy:

Edit: If there's a mission where I know I'm going to face a freighter, I always swap the cloak for a tractor beam. It's remarkably effective at annihilating drones.

• 2 months later...

S-2 Firestar fan here!

2x Phase Cannons

2x TTCs

2x Permeator Missile Launchers

1x SS Missile Launcher

VCT, Damage Control Computer

Why a Firestar? Harder than the pissy wee Lightning, but has the manuverability and, more importantly, speed that I desire over the Super-Avenger.

I always keep a few Lightning IIs, even in late game because they have the best range and manoeverability. I go for twin gatling lasers early in the game because their rate of fire is better than that of plasma cannons. I then upgrade them to twin phase cannons for that extra destructive I need against phantasms. I go for parallax missiles because they are hard to shoot down, which is useful against the well armed, but not too agile phantasm.

For special systems, I go for vector controls and advanced ECM pods, as well as the most advanced engines, shields, armour and targeting computers that I have.

Mostly I use Firestars in the late stages. I use the same configuration except that I use four phase cannons and three parallax missile launchers. Four phase cannons firing simultaneously is pretty power-intensive, but even a phantasm won't last long against this sort of battering.

• 2 months later...

Agreed.

Lightnings are great for long range missions and scouting, as they can out-run a fleet that is after you!

I keep 2 of these for this, 3 Avengers for bombing bases and the likes, and the final mission obviously!

I then have 4 Firestars for general combat.

I outload all these ships with:

Enveloping fusion missiles, sometimes permiter missiles.

Phase cannons x 2 (or x 4, depending on how accurate i am feeling!) an 2 tractor-tracer cannons

Best shields, engines, sensors, armour, adv ECM, Cloke (*and if i have space, the repair thingy).

I end up ramming the smaller ships and kill the pilot, for fun!!!