Scroll sped fix in tactical missions?/TFTD for DOS/

brutus52

Hello,sorry for my english/I'm No Englishman/.

How to fix very fast scroll speed in tactical missions?/TFTD for DOS/

Scroll speed is set in options menu to 1

I use XP SP3 + CPU C2D E8400/3GhZ./ATI HD5500-1GB/

TFTD for DOS is normaly playable under VDMSOUND, but scrolling speed is too fast/any settings is not effective/

I don't want use CE,GOLD, any Dosbox,Virtual PC etd,/-unacceptable other

The game doesn't care about your GPU, so messing with acceleration/DirectX settings won't make effect.

The scrolling is optimised for a processor running at less then 100mhz. Ideally it'd use the system time (a method that produces near identical results regardless of the speed of the computer), but the devs were lazy and so it doesn't. Your average core these days chugs along at about twenty times that speed, so it scrolls twenty times as fast as it should... Underclocking your system is out of the question.

Ideally there'd be an executable patch, but it's unlikely one will ever appear. Either use software like MoSlo (I notice VDMSound offers SpeedSet for this sort of thing), or switch to DosBox (something your processor will have no difficulty with).

Another option is to switch from auto scrolling to trigger scrolling, then use the overhead map view to navigate around the battlescape.

• 4 years later...

I get the same problem, but limiting CPU cycles via dosbox (win7, shit as it is, I like it as much as I'd have liked to attend sunday school with jimmy savile if im honest)

Problem seems to be the system is just too fast even with the CPU limited to the point the game interstitial screens load slowly the scroll speed still runs quicker than the fists of a meth-twacked mantis shrimp. (4 gig processor, 16 of RAM.) Tried the trigger scroll but to no use because I'm using a laptop, and one with a psychotic, unstable basketcase of a mouse pad..