He's a Triple Agent Man

MhBlis

From my previous thread we already knew when it came to MC Jimmy was a sitting duck but after the labs came online we found out he was min in both stats. This would usually get him turfed from the team but so far this Jimmy has been the only reason X-com has survived this long.

In my first base defense he was MCed first try and walked off into the dark. When told to shoot his team mates he promptly put his poor acc to use by shoot both Aliens in the back of the head.

He has taken many a shot to the face and so far has spent zero time in the med bay. This guy knows how to dodge bullets. Neo is a chump.

His favorite game is having the team throw live primed pulsars at him so on turn 2 he can go screaming into the darkness armed with 7 live pulsars.

When I finally got round to assualting the alien base thats been plaugeing me since feb (Its now Aug) I DPLed an entrance and Jimmy was sent off to Blow everything up/Scout the area. As usaul he got MC'ed and wandered off into the base. When I drove my weapons platform over to find him he promplty tossed his two pulsars in seperate directions effectivly clearing the lif room.

On decent to the second floor Jimmy was once again immediatly marched off into the darkness. When we regained control he was standing on the objective. Two pulsars and an immediate MC later with a march to safety it was over. ( they though it best Jimmy should take on my tank empty handed it seems)

This was the strangest thing I have seen in my life. He has gotten more enemy kills while MC'ed that he ever did while I controlled him.

As an addendum On Dec 3 at 19:31 hours Jimmy took a DPL to the chest point blank and died. What followed was devastation on a massive scale when first the DPL exploded and was then followed by 7 live pulsars. Little was found to remind us of Jimmy and his as yet unidentified attacker.

So tell me who was your favorite Agent of all time.

I've play plenty of games and gone through so many soldiers, aquanauts and agents in the many years I started playing X-Com that I can't really remember most of them at all, much less their names. Just the archetype.

You know the one that's not outstanding, or perhaps the black sheep of the squad? Yes the one you'll gladly send out as a bullet sponge front-line scout? I like it when this unassuming chap/gal pulls a miracle out of a hat and wipes out a good chunk of the opposing force alone. Then they go on to suffer a whimsical death later on, or if they survive that as well they go on to achieve great things.

One incident I probably won't forget was in TFTD. Gill-man terror site. Whole squad was wiped out but one guy in plastic aqua armour and a gauss pistol. This guy was panicking and ended up in one of the smaller houses with crate storage in the ground floor. After wiping out a Deep One that was in there, he recovered just enough morale to stop panicking every other turn. The rest was history - he cleared the remainder of the gillmen out by himself and that pistol of his. Must've been beginner, as I don't think I could've pulled it off against 20 - 30 aliens with just a Gauss Pistol and a handful of clips.

- NKF

• 4 years later...

Got two troops that I usually use for clearing the areas while scouting bases/artefact sites with the displacer/sonic. brother/sister going by the pics and surnames and the harrison siblings have survived since they were first hired, and they are by now almost as mean and hard-boiled as the tank. Mag ion armor the entire team (year 3 by now), the female's loadout is as a heavy weapons expert, goes in carrying either disruptor pulse launcher and small stun launcher, plus as much ammo as can be carried in her inventory, or a sonic cannon and either two loaded launchers and a vibroblade plus stun rod and a ton of pulsers. Typically makes a hell of a mess, even after my stupid laptop and its fruitcake mouse pad left her with just enough TUs to launch one of her rockets, as an attempt at taking the swarm of tasoth/lobstermen/tentaculat shes just blundered into if without a vibroblade, down with her at close range, right up in the face of the enemy. Shes meant to go down in a blaze of glory, taking them all with her only to instead be left in a charnel ground of a colony section surrounded by corpses. She very rarely misses an aimed shot with the sonic cannon either, having stupidly high accuracy stats. Kind of a hybrid sniper/heavy weapons/even drill berserker (as in 'berserkirgang' rather than 'gone berserk firing at teammates, the kind that had she and her similarly psycho brother want to charge 3 tentaculats alone but for a tank far away enough to make it as much a danger TO as support OF them with nothing left but a drill....this chick has obviously never heard of mr Charles Darwin, but he has it seems never heard of her either.

Can't believe she survived the first fight,let alone two years thus far. \the brothers just as bad, he has a habit of packing only two gas cannons,wielding one per hand, one loaded with HE shells the other WP rounds, a drill for emergencies, a bunch of grenades and charging in like a complete nutcase, spraying shells from each GC alternately wherever the thickest concentration of the worst. Neither is MC capable due to the research bug, but they HAVE spent more than a year in the MC lab training, so good luck to anyone trying to MC THEM, you'd get better results possibly trying to take over the displacer :D and have less chance ending your psionic attack with smoke pouring from your ears and your eyeballs looking at your frontal lobe, an aquatoid commander or some hard nut to crack like apocalypse psimorph

might stand a chance. IRL the aquatoid would die trying likely enough, burnt out like a broken lightbulb. Psimorph on the other handi I think would be a real close

one that none of the squad would put money on. I think she'd probably keep it distracted long enough for one of the team to pop a rocket up its rear end, or keep it tied up unable to use its psyker capabilities to attack the squad or to aid their own, but tracey harrison wouldn't be doing so either, being busy with the psimorph, the skeletoids would be useful weapons while the anthropods minds would probably end up dead or in a nursing home being fed mush through a tube.

Not really much to say about her brother, too unsubtle to panic , doesn't fuck around and can shoot straight, whilst his sister cant establish the psionic connection herself but can make a mess of anything that does first, the brother is just ..well about as subtle as a HE and and incendiary loaded gas cannon in each hand, while carrying a vibroblade and a huge pile of pre-primed pulser grenades. .Might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he knows how to squash bugs alright. Those two

must have been in the only unit to survive the first lobster men bloodbath when they showed up wielding mixed sonic rifle and heavy sonics vs one guy with the teams two gas cannons and no armor for anyone, best the team had was the cannons and sonic pistols/pulsers

First multiple crew member scouts when the lobsters showed was a massacre, took the ship but at the expense of a battered few survivors .