Question from new member (maybe stupid... but sorry)

Marinz

Hello, everybody!

I play UFO: Aftermath for some time and I must say that this game is one of best RTS game that I ever play. I haven't try other UFO titles but soon after completion of this game I'll try it.

One thing bothering me! What is the purpose of UFO intecepting? I menaged to shoot down alien ships dozen of times but after securing the ships( what you do all time) I did not see the purpose doing this anymore. Yes, you get the alien weapons, but that's it. I have never experienced any aerial threat from this flying things or something like that, (even when the base-like or battleshp-like ship ran through my territory). So what's the point of intercepting? I think that UFO: Aftermath will do it quit well without intercepring. Am I wrong?

What is the purpose of UFO intecepting? I menaged to shoot down alien ships dozen of times but after securing the ships( what you do all time) I did not see the purpose doing this anymore. I have never experienced any aerial threat from this flying things or something like that. So what's the point of intercepting?

IIRC, intercepting UFOs mainly helps to prevent the aliens from installing bases or worst on Earth.

I play UFO: Aftermath for some time and I must say that this game is one of best RTS game that I ever play. I haven't try other UFO titles but soon after completion of this game I'll try it. I think that UFO: Aftermath will do it quit well without intercepring.

Then you'll be even more happy with Aftershock; but for me this small feature is missing.