Questions before buying

Makinus2a

I'm thinking in buying Ufo: ET but first need some questions answered, if possible:

1. What is the difference of UFO: ET and UFO ET Gold? Are the diferences worth the bigger price of UFO: ET Gold?

2. Does UFO:ET runs in a Intel x3150 graphics card? My netbook has this card and supports up to 1366x768.

3. I read a lot of people talking about the "Bman Mod" that changes the game so it is more like the original XCOM... is it a good mod? And does it really make the game more like XCOM?

Thanks

1. UFO ET Gold is UFO:ET + patch nr 2 + I think last version of Bman mod (ok I don't know which one but according to the info on steam it looks like it).

2. It should, but I don't know how the game supports mobile GPUs.

3. Bman mod is out of date mod. What is uptodate is GreyFiend UNI-Mod. It is still developed (though the updates come rarely). Also modding this game at first playthrough might throw you off, because these mods tend to crash the game.

Unmoded game is super simple, you might at point say that it is super easy. But the Bman and Uni mod makes the game 100x harder specialy the Uni mod with its new detection system. It can throw off beginners and people with little patience.

I suggest before you throw yourself into installing any mod for UFO:ET read the forums on https://www.ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/forum.php

There you will find plenty of information about this game - more than here I dare to say.

From my experience I would sugest you to either skip the game and watch some Lets plays on Youtube and wait for UFO:ET 2. But if you intend to play this game - don't mod it. The game is not optimised very well and even on 4GHz Quad Cores the FPS can drop to 5 when fighthing the ufo swarms which only exist in mods. You also might find that for the first playthrough with these mods you wont understand some options.

The tactical missions lack this something that made X-COM so great.

I would sugest you to either skip the game and watch some Lets plays on Youtube and wait for UFO:ET 2. But if you intend to play this game - don't mod it.

Yeah I'll say wait for Ufo:Et2 (2 months max, I hope).

I could say wait for Ufo:Et-Gold being low-priced, too, but it should be the same time as ET2 release....