Guest Posting Disabled

Pete

Hi folks

After the recent increase in spam posts from guest accounts we've had to disable guest posting in all of the news forums.

I know there are a lot of friendly lurkers out there who comment on the news articles from time to time, so please feel free to sign up for an account if you'd like to make comments in future - it's quick, easy, relatively painless and we don't pass on your details to anyone else.

If anyone has any queries, either PM me or if you're not a member get in touch via our contact page.

Thank you

The only way I'll be able to incorporate something is with a forum upgrade and some of the new ideas I've been talking about in the staff forum.

For the rest of you that can't see that forum, there are plans afoot to resolve this in a upgrade in the next month or two and I'm intending to reinstate guest posting then.

Don't worry - this is intended as a temporary measure for now, however the content of some of those spam posts was pretty bad and we've taken this measure so as to not subject anyone to them for any length of time if possible, plus save staff members' time in cleaning them up.

More announcements will follow on future site developments soon, but for now I'm going to keep them under my hat :P

Humour would be our contact box suddenly flooding with (more) spam. :D

At least it's out of public view and Google's not going to add it to their searches, which is the point of most spam posts with links in them - it increases the ranking of the site the links point to in case anyone else was wondering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

If you can't wait though, please do feel free to create an account. We're not affiliated with anyone, we'd love see you around more and we'll only pass your details on to the highest quality back-alley organ harvesters.

I jest, of course.

About the last bit specifically.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest posting is now enabled again on all forums for a trial period. As long as we don't get too much in the way of spam it can stay on :)

I'm working on allowing guest posting through the forms on the main site and will update you when that's ready.

• 3 months later...