Multiplayer!

Asmodai

I'll play, but via experience, 1vs1 is a bit useless. I know several who would play as well. Unfortuately, your prediction that you wil own us all is wrong. The only person who can beat me is Alan, and since then, I've bought a joystick, which will mean I will seriously eat up anyone who dares to oppose me :)

I am the 0\/\//\/4G3 MASTER!

pah! yeah right! anyone who l33ts inceasantly can't be that good.

and don't forget my evil tricks mouse :)

so, Asmodai, what time zone are you?

and, before you proclaim yourself god of interceptor... tell me, have you ever completed x-wing? the first one?

I live in EST, and I'm usually on in the afternoons. I have college life durign they day, and weekends is PARTY TIME! Thurs are chilling days and Sat are jamming days. Any other day i'm usually free.

I never even played the first X-Wing, I'm not down for that star wars poop. It's a bit too overplayed for me. Plus some of those star wars fanatics scare the hell outta me!

Oh yea plus I beat Interceptor on Superhuman without losing a single ship, THAT takes some skill, UGH those Phantasms are TERRIBLE!

Oh yea plus I beat Interceptor on Superhuman without losing a single ship, THAT takes some skill, UGH those Phantasms are TERRIBLE!

hmm... skill you may have... but remember:

"good against a remote is one thing, good against a human is entirely different"

anyway, you'd probably love x-wing if it weren't for the starwars ness tehn, as interceptor was based on it. (in fact the cockpit interface is practically identical)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi :)

i know this ain't directly related to what you're talking about but i wondered if there was any trick to getting X-Com interceptor to work. I ask cos me and my friend were trying to play over the net and didn't get very far. We know our IP addresses and figured out to use TCP (s'that right?) I hosted and he tried to join. Is there any place to put in someone else's IP or is that what you're supposed to do in the comm setup screen?

any help would be very welcome

cya

ok... the way to play interceptor in the net is:

the host:

1) get the your ip address.

2) load up interceptor

3) goeth into the multiplayer bit.

4) in the comms set up screen select tcp and enter the host's ip address in the ip address box.

5) go from there setting up the multiplayer game (select ship, go host a game, etc.)

note: once the host starts hosting, they should not alt-tab out/minimise/exit, or anything else like that otherwise the program will stop hosting and noone will be able to connect.

the people who are joining:

1) get the host's ip address

2) load up interceptor

3) wait a bit for the host to be hosting

4) go into the multiplayer bit

5) comms set up screen: enter the hosts ip, set mode to tcp.

6) switch the toggle switch to join.

7) voila