X-COM Apocalypse Popper Figurine

Serisno

I've been a long time X-COM Apoc fan, playing it when I was a kid upon its initial release, then replaying it every four or five years when I got bored of all the new cookie cutter games coming out.

What I want is some sort of action figure or plaque or some thing that I can put in my office at work to remind me of my beloved X-COM.

I have seen a "popper figurine" out on the interwebs but I haven't seen much else that seems like it would be a good X-COM decoration. The only problem is that the popper figurine is not for sale anywhere!

Can anyone offer their assistance? Maybe you know of a different X-COM decoration that I might like? Or you know where I can buy a popper figurine?

- - Serisno

Welcome to the forums Serisno. :)

The popper figurine was a limited time offer... if you purchased the American Version and sent in a card with $4.95 MicroProse sent one to you. Can't imagine there are a lot of the figurines out there anymore. You can keep an eye on eBay for it, but I haven't ever seen one come up for sale in the 3+ years I've been getting summaries. I got mine from another collector so I don't want to sell. :D

Maybe a poster would be better? Those show up on eBay from time to time so you may be better off picking one up, framing it and hanging it in your office. At least, that's what I would do. By the way, if you like Apoc, try to find an original (& complete) American version on eBay. In the box is an Apoc poster. :P

Pics of the Popper figurine can be found on this page and the American version of Apoc can be found on this page. :D

- Zombie

Welcome to the forums Serisno. :)

The popper figurine was a limited time offer... if you purchased the American Version and sent in a card with $4.95 MicroProse sent one to you. Can't imagine there are a lot of the figurines out there anymore. You can keep an eye on eBay for it, but I haven't ever seen one come up for sale in the 3+ years I've been getting summaries. I got mine from another collector so I don't want to sell. :D

Maybe a poster would be better? Those show up on eBay from time to time so you may be better off picking one up, framing it and hanging it in your office. At least, that's what I would do. By the way, if you like Apoc, try to find an original (& complete) American version on eBay. In the box is an Apoc poster. :P

Pics of the Popper figurine can be found on this page and the American version of Apoc can be found on this page. :D

- Zombie

I've actually got my original game, instructions, and poster. And as cool as the poster is, I actually think that the instruction manual might be my best bet. Its a bit smaller, still looks sharp, and its a book... and we all know that books are classier than posters ;p (Since I'm going for a classy vibe.)

I'll keep my eyes open, and I'll do a search on ebay every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Welcome to the forums Serisno. smile.png

The popper figurine was a limited time offer... if you purchased the American Version and sent in a card with $4.95 MicroProse sent one to you. Can't imagine there are a lot of the figurines out there anymore. You can keep an eye on eBay for it, but I haven't ever seen one come up for sale in the 3+ years I've been getting summaries. I got mine from another collector so I don't want to sell. grin.gif

Maybe a poster would be better? Those show up on eBay from time to time so you may be better off picking one up, framing it and hanging it in your office. At least, that's what I would do. By the way, if you like Apoc, try to find an original (& complete) American version on eBay. In the box is an Apoc poster. tongue.png

Pics of the Popper figurine can be found on this page and the American version of Apoc can be found on this page. grin.gif

- Zombie

I'm still on the hunt for that Popper figurine...

On a side note, I'm also still on the hunt for the 2008 version of the Berserk Behelit. Why can't I want things that are easier to find... ;\

https://www.art-of-war.co.jp/SHOP/183.html

I've been keeping an eye on eBay all this time and still no Popper figurine. The only thing I found recently was the freakishly rare X-COM pin (which I purchased for a song). wink.png If I run across a Popper, I'll be sure to let you know about it. :)

- Zombie