Aliens: Colonial Marines

So, Aliens CM managed to survive the disaster of AvP3 and seems to be coming! And is looking like a pretty damn fun game. Aliens is still my favourite sci-fi film of all times.

Make me wonder though, if this happens between Aliens and Alien 3, then how exactly is it that the Colonial Marines can land on LV486? The atmosphere processor blew up in a thermonuclear explosion, which pretty much should have wrecked the entire colony, so where are they going to go exactly?

I am so excited about this game that I'm perfectly willing to overlook continuity issues :P But I'd like a decent explanation, something a little better than Alien 3's lack of explanation of how the Eggs got to the Sulaco!!

Anyhow... here's the extended teaser trailer with gameplay :)

Anyone else wetting themselves in excitement and anticipation?

Interestingly, this page lists the Wii U as one of the platforms :) sounds like Nintendo is really finally making a comeback to the real games world.

Aww man! Teaser trailer? Teaser teaser more like! Come on guys more more more! I remember the original AvP game ALL those years ago and honestly since then no game from the franchise has really grabbed me as much. In fact I can't even name any more games out there for this name :s Care to help me out Az? I'd love to get into a decent Alien game :P

I remember playing the last one in an Amstrad CPC :) It was in black and green colors :)

I agree, the only two AvP games (or even Aliens games) I'd recommend are (in descending order) AvP2 and AvP. I enjoyed enough the game Alien Trilogy, but that was back in the Windows 95 era, and its graphics are no longer tolerable for an FPS, but was decent at the time :) The story made no sense.

Edit: There IS another good Aliens game, but it's certainly old (though it looks nice!) and it's NOT an FPS.

Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure

I remember this to be quite a decent adventure game :) worth a try.

Make me wonder though, if this happens between Aliens and Alien 3, then how exactly is it that the Colonial Marines can land on LV486? The atmosphere processor blew up in a thermonuclear explosion, which pretty much should have wrecked the entire colony, so where are they going to go exactly?

Hadley's Hope (the atmo processing colony) is said to be destroyed, but the derelict might have been shielded by the mountains!

Hadley's Hope (the atmo processing colony) is said to be destroyed, but the derelict might have been shielded by the mountains!

You mean the derelict space jockey ship? Indeed, but the footage shows the troops in the colony, not the derelict spaceship.

About the trailer, I thought it will be continuation from AvP3.

Guess it will be a different story,

Thankfully it doesn't have anything to do with AvP games, this is a continuation of the movie Aliens.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks really cool... Except Crusher, that is just without excuse. A space rhino amongst otherwise gracile Aliens. What is also not so very cool is that I will be perhaps able to play it in a year or two.

You're forgetting that the Aliens take forms depending on their hosts, not all are as gracile as the human Aliens.

Alien Runners (Alien 3) are more like dogs and spawned from them, usually (the director's cut has it spawning from an ox).

Predaliens (Predator host) are definitely bulkier and less agile.

Praetorians are the Queen's elite guard, and are less bulkier, but are larger nonetheless than regular Aliens.

You can even see an Alien "King" in the Aliens Mutation comics, which is obcenely large and muscular, looks like an Alien Hulk.

Mutations are one of their defining traits as a species, I am not that bothered by the Alien rhino thing :) Good preview, can't wait!!

Praetorians, Alien King, Predalien, Batmanalien and such hideous creatures have nothing to do with Aliens canon. I'm quite ok with them being where they are and I think they should stay in that realm.

The Alien(s) movies show gracile Aliens only. Even the Queen is very thin looking. The exception is Newborn, which is the result of a completely non-alien reproduction, caused by an already mutated Queen. I'm not going into Resurrection, this would take too much time and would benefit nobody. Anyway, Crusher will be the only Alien that can not stand on two feet. Unless they add more abominations, naturally.

Mutation caused by radiation is an official explanation for Crusher, and that obviously very successful mutation has happened in 17 weeks!!! from the explosion of the atmospheric processor. OHCOMEONDAMMIT.

Praetorians, Alien King, Predalien, Batmanalien and such hideous creatures have nothing to do with Aliens canon. I'm quite ok with them being where they are and I think they should stay in that realm.

The Alien(s) movies show gracile Aliens only. Even the Queen is very thin looking. The exception is Newborn, which is the result of a completely non-alien reproduction, caused by an already mutated Queen. I'm not going into Resurrection, this would take too much time and would benefit nobody. Anyway, Crusher will be the only Alien that can not stand on two feet. Unless they add more abominations, naturally.

Mutation caused by radiation is an official explanation for Crusher, and that obviously very successful mutation has happened in 17 weeks!!! from the explosion of the atmospheric processor. OHCOMEONDAMMIT.

Depends on what you consider canon, I think that varies with each person, particularly with a franchise like Aliens, which was butchered beyond recognition.

And I believe, if you consider the movies canon, that you're forgetting about the Alien Runner in Alien 3, it walked in 4 legs all the time.

It was, in the same way my dog can stand on two legs but doesn't all day (which is a shame, it would be awesome and I'd have named it ALF).

Watch it again, particularly pay attention to the part when it's first seen completely eating one of the inmates lighting candles; it's eating on all fours (also Aliens were never shown to eat anything). Also when the chase scene at the end, when they are trying to trap it, it runs all the time in all fours.

I think the only time I recall seeing it actually standing up was at the end of the movie, when it was dying from the heat/cold.

Also, I forgot, the Predalien appears prominently in the shitty AvP Requiem movie, it wasn't comics exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love a big most of the game. I do NOT like that you'll only be able to play as an Alien from a third perspective though. I hope they change this decision. Alien gameplay in AvP1 was already superb.

BTW, they are interested in making a Blade Runner game?! https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/xtreme.gif