Hey, Julius. I believe we've conversed before
I'm glad you got the editor to work. If you have questions I might be able to help
Julius_Sneezer, on 23rd May 2011, 9:14am, said:
I still don't know why nobody has submitted any maps in 8 years. Except one for H&S?
Well, as you already know, the editor is not very user friendly and takes a bit of time getting
used to (if one manages to get it to work at all).
From what I've seen over the years, sadly, most people give up before they even complete
a single map. Even though building interesting and unique encounters is the most energy
and time consuming activity it is only a fraction of what needs to be done to make a scenario
or add to an existing one (global and chapter map changes, scenario zones, global and chapter
map markers, global and local scripts, optional texture, material, model modifications, etc., etc.
to name just a few)
It is not surprising that we see so many people express interest in working with the editor, even
getting certain things done but in the end not completing their objectives and abandoning their
projects. Of course, life gets in the way too, LOL.
Now, if I could get someone to work together with me on a project, I'm pretty sure I could release
something within 2-4 months (perhaps, a short compaign 10-30 main missions with
10-40 randoms). I'd need some serious help though (H&S only. Although I would entertain the
possibility of working on Sentinels).
- Main scenario plot (when, who, what to do, why, how to do it)
- Encounters (types, sizes, opposition - forces present, climate, lighting, passability restrictions).
I'd do it myself. It is the most satisfying part for me.
- scripting (LUA). I could do it myself. Unfortunately it takes me too long to write those, actually
longer than several complete maps. I am not a programmer
- Dialogs on paper first (brainstorming, dialogs in English, German (I don't speak it), other
languages, perhaps (Cyrrilic font is not supported)). Once they are ready I can import them myself
I have the necessary xls. table files
- RPG structure (quests, plot branches, quest rewards, unique upgrades, exp progression,
difficulty specifics, new weapons availability)
- Voice talents (at least for character acks, I need xls. table for acks, first though, I don't have it)
- Intermediate and final testing
I know it'd require a lot of commitment. I could start a thread and keep all the project
development updates in there.
- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)
- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)
- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)
All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)
- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)
- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes
- Silent Storm on Steam Greenlight has been approved 08/28/13!
- Available for purchase on Steam - "Silent Storm" + "Sentinels" page
My Blogs: H&S blog and just funny book titles I created for my kids( unrelated to Silent Storm).