6 replies to this topic

#1 GIORDANOS

GIORDANOS

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Anyone can make a PATCH to fix DISPLAY GRAPHICS on UFO Defense. So it looks more subtle. Supposed to increase the system from DOS to WINDOWS XP GRAPH drastic increase.
I hope anyone who will make a PATCH to make DISPLAY SMOOTH UFO DEFENSE become more and clearer appearance. Because now it looks ugly visible spots and boxes. Graph looks very rough.
Well if you can also make a PATCH to reproduce the type of weapons, tanks strange, strange weapons, including aircraft. It must be very interesting.

#2 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

To make the graphics look better you'd essentially have to rebuild the game from scratch, which is essentially what these guys are already doing: http://ufotts.ninex.info
May your terror missions always be infested with Chrysalids.

#3 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

I downloaded this and trialled it for a while this year and I have to say they're doing a pretty good job. There's still some way to go but most of the maps and images are already finished so download it if an updated version is what you're after. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking, it's a labour of love after all...
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#4 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Just checked it out.. looks good :)   anyone fancy a game sometime?

#5 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

UFO:TTS is pretty nice retro replay - but I am very anxious to get the UFO: Cydonia Fall project.

http://ufo.yaa.dk/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Its mainly the multiplayer aspect that gets me,   always wanted to play a campaign against a competant player  :),  maybe even a pistol only campaign ^^  with no psi  :)

#7 Azrael Strife

Azrael Strife

Captain

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

View PostLysear, on 23rd April 2011, 2:49pm, said:

Its mainly the multiplayer aspect that gets me,   always wanted to play a campaign against a competant player  :),  maybe even a pistol only campaign ^^  with no psi  :)
Does not feature a campaign, but if you'd like to try multiplayer x-com battles, I suggest you try UFO2000, it's a pretty complete x-com multiplayer game.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users