Error starting up aftershock

code99

Howdy, been awhile since i played aftershock but recently just thought of getting back to it and while i was at it i tried to mod something (used another mod as start and just modified and added a few things to it).

Now, when i start the game with my mod on i get the following error :

---------------------------

assert_fatal

ver: UFO: Aftershock version 1.2 file:C:\workdir\Src\ASL\kvfs.cpp line:130 "Localization/LocalizationPack.vfs": bad CRC

OK

Obviously it has to to with LocalizationPack but i dont know what exactly, i've been trough it 4 times already and didnt find anything unusual or something to cause an issue. All i did to local is add some armors (a few entries) and thats it.

If anyone knows whats wrong or if you need more info about this, i would appreciate your help.

EDIT : Same thing just happened with ufo Afterlight after i merged 2 localizationpacks (added a few entries/lines from one to the other) ... obviously im doing something wrong but i'd be dammed if i can figure out what exactly ... any help is appreciated

Thanks

I love such problems. Especially when I have no clue how to solve them. :)

Well, unlike you, i hate such problems ... good think i found the issue tho. Darn CRC error, i spent ages to figure it out and in the end was my fault (obviously) that i forgot to run "vfstool md5 LocalizationPack.vfs" to update the file checksum or something.