TFTD running slow

DWxcom

Hey guys, I just finished UFO defense and want to play TFTD, I used ufo extender and xcomutil to fix the difficulty bug and it worked GREAT. So I install TFTD and use xcomutil on that to fix various bugs (Damn research bugs) and start it up once it finishes... First thing I notice is my mouse works fine on the X axis (going left and right) but goes like 1 pixel per mouse pad length on the Y axis (Up and down).

I jack up my mouse sensitivity and its playable.. sorta.. I guess... So anyway I start doing my "normal beginning of game routine" and I notice that not only is my mouse messed up but the whole game feels slow and clunky, sound kinda stutters from time to time, and going from the world map to a tactical map takes like 10 seconds, which was instant on UFO Defense. My soldiers move slow basically everything is horribly slow and clunky.

So I uninstall everything and don't use xcomutil, I just start it up from steam and I get the same behavior.

Things I've tried:

Fresh install

Mess with the cycles in the dosbox config

Operation system/specs:

Windows 7 x64

4 gigs of ram @ 1333

AMD phenom x2 processor @ 3.7 ghz

Nvida GTX 460

Using the steam version of X-com Ufo defense and TFTD.

HALP!

For whatever reason, it seems the DOSBox install that comes with TFTD doesn't like your machine.

The Steam release of EU includes both the CE (Windows) and DOS v1.4 releases of the game. Given that you were using UFO Extender, you'd've been running the Windows version (as that's the only one the extender works with).

TFTD should also include the CE release - this won't work normally under Windows Vista/7, but Blade made a little proggy to sort that (run it, then run "Terror From the Deep.exe" in your game folder - if you get garbled colours, quit out and start the game again until it works).

Alternatively, you could try going to the DOSBox website and grabbing a fresh copy of whatever the latest version is.

For whatever reason, it seems the DOSBox install that comes with TFTD doesn't like your machine.

The Steam release of EU includes both the CE (Windows) and DOS v1.4 releases of the game. Given that you were using UFO Extender, you'd've been running the Windows version (as that's the only one the extender works with).

TFTD should also include the CE release - this won't work normally under Windows Vista/7, but Blade made a little proggy to sort that (run it, then run "Terror From the Deep.exe" in your game folder - if you get garbled colours, quit out and start the game again until it works).

Alternatively, you could try going to the DOSBox website and grabbing a fresh copy of whatever the latest version is.

Hey thanks, I used that fix and ran the CE version and it runs alot faster... well too fast. I remember back when I owned the CE cds I had to use a program called turbo to slow my CPU down, I just got that from the xcomufo site and it doesn't seem to be working. The main issue is how fast combat happens, I set all the settings to 1 and its still way to fast to even see what is happening. Any ideas?

I think I might actually download virtual box and set up a PC for it. Does anyone know some good system specs to run x-com well?