What are the opposite versions of which alien?

kai

Can anyone tell me which aliens in TFTD are the opposite of whichever aliens in Enemy Unknown?

I know that the aquatoids are the equivelent of the sectoids and the lobstermen are the equiveleint (pardon, typing with not enough caffiene) but there are ones that I am unsure of, like are biodrones the equiv to the chrysallid?

Aquatiod = Sectiod

Lobsterman = Muton

Taslof (sp) = Ethereal

Gillman = a Floater with a little psi and no floating

Tentaculat = Chrysalid

Triscene = Reaper with a gun

Biodrone = tiny Cyberdisk with an UBER snapshot

The rest are pretty original.....If I didn't miss a few :)

Posted by Fox

Gillmen = Floaters, except for Floaters can... float.

Aquatoid = Sectoid

Tasoth = Ethereal, except Tasoth's are harder to kill

Lobsterman = Muton, except Lobstermen are seemingly harder, and have a H2H attack. You could kill a muton with terrestrial weapons... you cannot kill a lobsterman with darts, well I guess you COULD but come on.

Triscene = cross between Sectopod/Reaper (deadly combo)

Tentaculat = Chryssalid EXCEPT THEY CAN FREAKIN FLY

Bio-Drone = Cyberdisc except the snapshot accuracy is rediculously high, and they are smaller and harder to hit.

Xarquid = Celatid, but in my experience it is more damaging

Hallucinoid = Silicoid, except the Hallucinoid can fly

That leaves the Deep One and Calcinte with no real equals... the Calcinte is similar to the Silicoid and Reaper I suppose... and the Snakeman has no real equal... I guess it is equal to the Gill Man in some aspects... I... I... can't finish this I've dug myself in a hole.

I wrote this in the apoc forum, for some reason.

You'll probably find that deep-ones more closely resemble a rather underestimated alien shaped like a kidney that accompanies our favourite green clad bruisers. They're just souped up and ramped the effects of the weapon up a little.

The hallucinoid resembles a reaper with floating ability and a heck of a lot of armour (even more than lobstermen, but it doesn't get the massive 1/2 damage reduction modifier).

Aquatoids are obviously related to sectoids. They just get overall better stats.

Gill-men actually resemble sectoids in function in that low ranking units don't have psi, but high ranking units do. Not exactly interchangeable with snakemen or flight-less floaters, as gill-men are much more competant.

Lobstermen are a mean combination of the all the 1/2 damage modifiers featured by the sectopods (only improved so that more damage types are halved), and the melee attack of a reaper all bundled into a Muton-like alien. Apparently they've also taken on the importance of the ethereals... odd, onsidering that these units are primarily grunts.

Tasoth are just ethereals sans the ability to walk through the air but with much greater mental powers. Pity their massive health, which is greater than the lobsterman, isn't that well protected. Can kill one with a well placed autoshot or two from a gauss pistol.

Calcinites - as mentioned are chryssalids in spirt, but with a direct damage attack rather than an impregnation attack.

Tentaculats - eh, a levitating chryssalid. A horrible alien made worse. Has some very imperssive front-armour for a normal sized alien. Good thing they don't appear as frequently as chryssalids do.

Biodrones are Cyberdiscs Lite with a brilliant accuracy modifier. They also borrow the ridiculous ground burning ability that acts as an early-warning system from the other underestimated unit in the ridiculous terror unit duo that accompanies Mutons.

Triscene and Xarquids are slightly identical in function, but they differ in physical builds and weapon types and mobility (xarquids can float). Xarquids have quite heavy armour for an alien, and so do the Triscene (but they have a serious chink in their underside that's easy to exploit). They are sort of like a morbid mating between a sectopod(for its weapon and partially for its exterior armour) and a reaper, you might say. :)

- NKF

You'll probably find that deep-ones more closely resemble a rather underestimated alien shaped like a kidney that accompanies our favourite green clad bruisers. They're just souped up and ramped the effects of the weapon up a little.

You mean the Celatid? :)

I think the ufopaedia mentions an electric attack.

When mind controlled, the icon for the weapon suggests it's some form of sonic weapon. True enough, since it looks like a sonic beam (No, I don't know why sound is green). Curiously enough, it's also the only legal sonic weapon in the game with an autoshot.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Well, even in UFO, a cyberdisc will leave behind a corpse if:

1. It's not on ground level. The detonation will occur on the level it was at before it was killed, but the corpse will drop right down to the ground (often before the explosion occurs).

2. It dies but does not detonate (rare but possible. Usually with single-shots)

Melee attacks don't detonate the explosives in Biodrones.

- NKF

Cyberdisks/Sectopods die if stunned. If you hit them with a small launcher, it's an instant KO. You can't catch them alive; the only way to add them to your UFOpedia is to capture alien Medics and gain the relevant information through them.

This can be done by saving/loading until they give you the info you want (Medics give you a random alien repotr), researching all the other aliens beforehand (guarentieing you will get the info you want), or just capturing lots and lots of Medics and researching all of them. :)

Early in the game (well not that early, cause biodrones accompany Tasoths), when I still had no alien weaponry, biodrones often fell unconscious after some successful hits, so not only stun weapons work(and that is logical).

• 1 month later...

Wait, I was underwater, but The thing let me shoot at it before I moved my second guy into its los

it missed (stupid alien!)

then it ran.. right into my tank :)

Subsea Lab terror missions would be cool, but then we get the same problem, lots of zombies from chrysalids (in this case tenctaculars)

A tip for island terror missions: The hotels burn really good, how do I know? Ive tried it :)

ehhh I think I shot down a terror sub, who do xarsquids work with?