Rules and Changes for more Diversity

Grossbeer

Hello, still palying and loving xcom TftD!

Even tho im plaing a multiplayer Campaign right now, i want to create the ultimate, but not unreasonable challeng for me, and perhaps later for another Multiplayer team.

I did read somewhere in this forum (or was it antother one?) from some guy who did great alterations on the game. but i cant seem to refind it :-/. for better understanding i will call this dude Cpt. Balanced. If someone find the post plz let me know.

As for the purpose of this post:

I want to gather ideas how to make the game harder and OR more interesting. for example (like Cpt. Balanced did)

change the resistances from aliens. So that a Gauss cannon does fine dmg on Tasoth but not Tentaculants. Colony Missions would be more difficult as the right weapon balancing is required.

another thing i did in my palytrus:

1. eleminate the possibility for xcom to use MC disrupters. easy enough one has to change the required lab space to a rediculous amount. I would have changed the disrupter to only allow Panic attacks but i failed, i guess this is hardcoded.

2. change the DPL to only shoot rockets like a torpedo launcher. Waypoint system deactivated.

So my questions are:

What resistances should the aliens have (incl the Terrorists)?

What dmg should the Weapons do?

What weapons should get obsolete in time and which should be useable till engame?

What should advanced equipent cost (New Subs, Armor etc)?

What should the Power HP and range of enemy Subs be like?

What other changes u guys have in mind?

greez

I'm abit new to modding the games but am doing similar with UFO defense ... mostly I did the following, another could tell you if this is wrong or not.

- Increased TU cost of Autofire.

- Decreased TU cost of Aimed Fire (Alittle above Autofire TU).

- Increased Aimed Fire accuracy.

- Generaly bumped up accuracy of pistols (not quite to rifle levels but close).

- Increased damage of AP weapons for Heavy/Gas Cannon and Auto/Hydojet-cannon.

- Increased Heavy Cannon ammo to 8.

- Decreased damage of HE rounds for Autocannon.

- Increased Large Rocket/Torpedo damage to 150, Grenades & Prox Grenades to 75, High Explosives to 210, Alien Grenades to 100.

- Greatly increased Heavy Laser accuracy and bumped up damage (May not be as big an issue for the Heavy Gauss which I believe has autofire ability).

- Slightly reduced damage of Alien Plasma (Or Sonic) weapons, decreased ammo on rifle slightly, pistol abit more and on heavy plasma/sonic cannon alot (down to 20).

- Bumped up the weight of the heavy plasma/sonic cannon to that of other heavy weapons.

- A few other small weight tweaks.

Afraid I'm not playing through TFTD so can't give you more accurate ideas of the tweaks I personally think it needs, but hope the above gives you some ideas ... or some one more experienced can give us both tips :laugh:

wow i think this is exactly the post i meant ^^ strange i didnt find it, oh well. I think i will adabt lots of things Civilian did for UFO.

Ive got another question on u modders:

Is it in anyway possible to make night/day missions dependable on the depth of the Sub shot down?

I would recon, if its day tehre is a possibility to have a day mission if its over 200m or so.

In the deep sea there is nearly no light, and i recon this would add to the realism.

greez

• 1 month later...

Here are two threads with a rebalancing project I was working on a while ago:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/Weapons-mod-t7505.html

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/Challenge-t7498.html

I'm still thinking about completing it. If you agree with the general intentions of the project (changed a bit since then, but still mostly accurate), would you be interested in partnering up?